Big Optic (binos) recommendation

TGLBRH

Lil-Rokslider
In the market for some 15x56 or 18x56 binos. I cant decide between the Meopta Meostars, Maven B5's, or Vortex UHD's.

Do you think the extra 3x power with the 18's is better with big glass?

My goal is to leave the spotter in the truck or at home if possible...which is why I was thinking of possibly going with the 18's.

Budget is $1k-$1300...so I'll probably have to buy used unless I find a crazy sale.

Also, I live in a pretty small/remote town and dont really have access to try optics out before buying. I do have very narrow eyes though and have looked through the Kaibabs and they were uncomfortable.

Thanks for any help

Esau

FNG
Save a little longer and buy used Swarovski 15x56 slc hd. I found a seller that has used 15s they come in box just like you bought them new with warranty card blank. Pm me.

Buy my maven 18s. No better glass for the price. Lots of good reviews here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I just bought used SLCs here a few days ago for 1100. Keep you eyes open, In the mean time, you really should consider Sigs

OP
TGLBRH

TGLBRH

Lil-Rokslider
Are you guys talking about the Sig Zulu 9's?

I would definitely consider Swaros...just didnt think they were in my price range.

TravKatQ

WKR
If your looking at dropping some serious dough look into Rent Guns n Gear! @Darin Cooper has a sweet program where you can rent optics to test out for your self before you buy. Good option to get a couple pairs and test them side by side and if you like a pair he has a option to buy them. Highly recommend them as I just bought a pair of vortex uhd 18’s after testing them out through him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis2282

Lil-Rokslider
I see people saying the SLC HD, do you mean the WB? Or is the HD older version?

I see people saying the SLC HD, do you mean the WB? Or is the HD older version?

what some people refer to as the "HD" are the latest version, all green with the tackier rubber housing, they're the 3rd gen of swaro 15s and are the best 15s on the market, very slightly ahead of the meoptas but it's really close. The 2nd gen swaro 15s are the NEU and have the green barrels with the black bridge. I prefer the meoptas to these. The maven 18s i looked through were not that great to me, way too much distortion and very small sweet spot. I've heard the maven 15s are better than the 18s. for $1300 or less you won't beat the meoptas.