Bikini reflections

I like the longer stays for lift, and you can adjust the lifters down also. The catch with the Bikini is if you aren't too tall (I am 5-9), you will hit the upper horizontal stay with the back of your head if you tilt your head back too far.

Don't know for sure but this might have more to do with your torso length than overall hieght. I'm 5'8" and am wondering if the 24' stay would be adequate for me. I have a 18 1/2 inch torso length. Do you have the bikini?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I do have it, and I have about and inch more torso than you. I would guess the 24's would work for you, but the 26's won't hurt either. It isn't much of a real problem ... just something to be aware of.

If you just call Aron, he will get you set up.

crumy

WKR
I like the longer stays for lift, and you can adjust the lifters down also. The catch with the 26 inch Bikini is if you aren't too tall (I am 5-9), you will hit the upper horizontal stay with the back of your head if you tilt your head back too far.

That is what I ran into when I was down there. I am 5'10 so I went with 24. Figure it will allow me to carry way more than I want to.

Bikini/4800 Highcamp in the house. Looks real nice.

ok, I'm going to ask the same favor of you... Would you be so kind to fill up the bag to full (pillows), put it on your back, and take a few photos to put on here? (side view and rear view) Then give us your height & weight (and torso length if you have it)? What lenghth stays as well...
Thanks!!!

edg1967

WKR
My Bikini frame along with a few other toys came today. My wife was surprised to see that I left work early...she thought I had come home to see her. "Yea, Honey, Sure...where's that box UPS dropped off?" I quickly took it down to my gear room and hooked up my DT3 bag to it...that's the bag I will use it with the most. I took some time and loaded it with my gear for a three night trip, minus a few snacks, water & my binos which I would wear in my FHF harness anyway. I would guess that my gear would work better in my modified DT1 bag (no snow collar or sleeping bag divider), but I wanted to prove to myself that I could get it all in the 3. I took it for a quick walk around the neighborhood. At 35# it was very comfortable! I was especially impressed with it's flexibility and with how it moved with your body rather that many packs I've had that seemed to fight you as you moved around.

Attachments

• IMG_0698.jpg
    IMG_0698.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0699.jpg
    IMG_0699.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 56