Bino harness

fire652

WKR
Im in the market for a new bino harness. I have the kuiu harness and hate it. What would you recommend. I would also like to be able to attach my sidearm to it as I have read a lot of posts on here about people doing that. What holster would you use to attach to a bino harness. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the Alaskan guide harness upgrading from the 60 or 70 dollar vortex one. I so far love it, I’ve only tested it shed hunting and turkey hunting. But You can store a lot of stuff in the pockets and it seems to fit well and not move a whole lot unless you take off running at a good clip. I’d recomend looking into it, I’d no doubt buy it all over again. There’s a good amount of reviews online for it to get better opinions

Don’t know about holsters for them, but I use an agc classic with the max pocket for my maven 11x45 binos. I started using it at the beginning of spring hiking and what not. It rides nice under my SG sky 5900 with weight in it comfortably, and I hike every weekend so that’s not just a one day opinion. Lots of adjustment too. Good amount of pockets, put knife/tags in the back. Ribbon on the sides. Will carry windchecker in the side when the time comes. Can fit your phone and a range finder in there as well, even my wallet it the front pocket of I’m not using a RF

I will say it’s definitely not a minimalist bino harness. It’s a chest pack. If that’s what you’re looking for maybe try something else.

scp

Lil-Rokslider
FHF makes a great system, and they have a compatible holster option that they sell to fit several popular pistol frames. It’s a great, sleek bino pack, too.

rhusby28

Lil-Rokslider
All of the Eberlestock Bino harness have a pocket in the back for a sidearm. They are comfortable to wear.

FullValue

Lil-Rokslider
I've tried several in attempt to find one that would fit my firearm. Could never find anything that worked like I wanted. Then there was the issue of having both on or both off. I finally went with a chest holster for my pistol and then it didn't matter what bino harness I had. My pistol fits underneath it just fine and you ca adjust both so there is good grip accessibility. Then I always have my pistol on. It's great for driving in a vehicle also.

FullValue

Lil-Rokslider
I run a GS chest holster and Glock 29. Really like it. My current Bino Harness is the Eberlestock Nose Gunner, Pouch in the back for pistol but you need attach some sort of holster to keep pistol from falling out when you bend over

bspin15

FNG
I just bought the RMEF Alps Outdoorz bino harness. It is a good low priced option that leaves plenty of room for a separate chest holster for your sidearm.

WJS23

WKR
I used to have the badlands magnetic one then switched to the AGC cub with the max pocket, one of the best things I have up graded

I love my AGC. I fit so much stuff in it it almost makes my backpack unnecessary on day hunts. I dont have a pistol on mine but I've seen guys who do.

Mosby

WKR
I have an AGC. My son bought an FHF. Both work well. For attaching a pistol to the harness, I like the FHF set up better. I like my AGC and use a separate chest holster for my Glock right now, when carrying. Having the holster attached to the harness would definitely save some weight. If I carried my pistol all the time, I would probably have an FHF.

USMC-40

WKR
FHF makes a great system, and they have a compatible holster option that they sell to fit several popular pistol frames. It’s a great, sleek bino pack, too.

I hate the KUIU as well, and have used the AGC. My preference is the FHF gear harness

Do you have pics of it with binos and a firearm? How comfortable will that be with a pack on your back, I wonder?

Adamsfj

Lil-Rokslider
Did not care for my Kuiu harness after several years of use and ordered the AGC harness this past year. I didn't care for the AGC shoulder straps after using it so I ordered the Marsupial straps which snapped right in and I’m extremely happy with how the combination works.

JohnnyB

WKR
My Kenai Gunfighter chest rig rides under my FHF bino harness. I prefer this to actually having the holster attached to the bino harness because I often leave the holster on while I am driving.

This method may no seem comfortable, but for me it isn't a problem at all. Some position the holster higher on the chest, some lower on the belly.

I also have a Badlands bino harness with rangefinder compartment and an Eberlestock Nosegunner. The Badlands is very comfortable but won"t fit my Leica binos. The Nosegunner is too heavy and virtually worthless for carrying a gun (which was the gimmick that sold me).