Bino Harness

jk_13

FNG
I have not heard anything about it, but the new KUIU Pro is pretty sweet.

Reactions: AZ8

prm

WKR
Companies may want to start thinking about not making their stuff in China. If others feel the same way I do ‘made in China’ will now rule out most things. I used to frown at it but it didn’t change my purchasing too much. It does now. Plenty of good places around the world if not right here. Bino harnesses especially seem to have great choices made here.

OP
C
Companies may want to start thinking about not making their stuff in China. If others feel the same way I do ‘made in China’ will now rule out most things. I used to frown at it but it didn’t change my purchasing too much. It does now. Plenty of good places around the world if not right here. Bino harnesses especially seem to have great choices made here.
Yes it should make us all think a lot more about it ! I no I am going to try and avoid as much as possible made it China and look for products made in North America !

We don’t have a choice for USA made binoculars, they are all made overseas. Leupold gold ring binoculars were the last to be made in USA that I am aware. American consumerism, government regulations and corporate greed eliminated our ability to ever buy a US made binoculars.

For Bino harnesses, there are at least half a dozen good ones made in USA. If you spend your US dollars on foreign made Sitka, Kuiu and First Light bino harnesses, we pretty soon won’t have a choice.

Hunting is distinctly built in to our “American” culture. We should choose US made products whenever possible and while we still have a choice. For the moment we have a choice...

Reactions: prm

Tyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
I agree, we should be supporting American made products. I personally like Alaska Guide Creations (AGC). The owner, Jaret Owens is a standup guy. I spent the majority of his career being a guide in the Alaskan Wilderness. I've always picked his head when it comes to hunting. He's a wealth of knowledge.

I agree, we should be supporting American made products. I personally like Alaska Guide Creations (AGC). The owner, Jaret Owens is a standup guy. I spent the majority of his career being a guide in the Alaskan Wilderness. I've always picked his head when it comes to hunting. He's a wealth of knowledge.

I started out with a Horn Hunter harness then went with an FHF. The FHF was awesome, but didn’t hold the amount of junk I like to have in my chest rig. I am very happy with the AGC now, it’s a great rig and carries everything I want.

prm

WKR
I saw FHF has small bino harnesses in stock again. I have one on the way.

OP
C
Great input ! Thanks
I am definitely ordering a made in the USA Harness now. And will look for more gear made here in the future.
Does the Outdoor Vision Harness keep the snow, rain and grass etc off the binos ?

GPATTI

WKR
Cliffhanger - yes, it does, and has an integrated (removable) rain cover in lower compartment.

SHoug07

FNG
Great input ! Thanks
I am definitely ordering a made in the USA Harness now. And will look for more gear made here in the future.
Does the Outdoor Vision Harness keep the snow, rain and grass etc off the binos ?

Little comparison Jordan Budd did.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Great input ! Thanks

It keeps dust and such out really well. The only downside is the magnet isn’t very strong. There’s also no pocket in the back for a phone but I hear that could be changing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prm

WKR
I received a new small FHF Bino harness. The improvements over my older one are a pocket in the back and the small call pockets on the front. My only disappointment is the access to the rear pocket required two hands. It was not convenient to pull a phone (camera/nav) out or place back in. I modified the flap over the top of it and now it will work great. Overall I think it will be the best I’ve tried. It’s nice and svelte, very easy to access binos one handed, seals over eyecups, no magnets, etc. Need to get some time with it though before drawing any more conclusions.