Binocular Recommendations

I’m looking to upgrade my binoculars. I’m looking at the Leica Trinovid HDs or the Zeiss Conquest HDs. I am also curious about the Maven B.2s.

Of the three, which would you recommend?

Dcrafton

WKR
Everyone’s eyes are different. For that kinda money you really need to look through each but not indoors. I know it’s not always that easy but try to see what you can do to view them for yourself.
I did that a few years ago and I am now on my second pair of sworos. Started with the SLC then upgraded to the el’s. I prefer them over those you listed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J
Agreed, I figured I’d get a pretty good split. Bass Pro has the Leica and the Zeiss but getting them to walk me outside to look may be difficult. So, I figured I’d see what people had to say.

I’d love to go Swaro but I feel like, after a certain point, the money is better spent elsewhere.

ndhtr

FNG
I was in the same boat a few months ago where I wasn’t able to check them out in person. Here’s a link to the thread I started.

OP
J
I was in the same boat a few months ago where I wasn’t able to check them out in person. Here’s a link to the thread I started.

Thanks! What did you end up going with?

If you are jumping into one of the 3 binos you listed you will eventually own swarovskis. Never before has such great deals on new and used slcs and els ever been had.

The glass you are speaking of is very nice but when you get the itch for next tier glass you will take a beating on resale.

Best of luck in whatever you choose as all are really nice glass.

OP
J
If you are jumping into one of the 3 binos you listed you will eventually own swarovskis. Never before has such great deals on new and used slcs and els ever been had.

The glass you are speaking of is very nice but when you get the itch for next tier glass you will take a beating on resale.

Where can these deals be found?

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider

Agree.
The deals on Swaro are hard to beat right now. It seems the upcoming NL release that has flooded the market.
With the Cabela's gear trade-in sale along with the club card sale a couple weeks back, I got the 10x42 SLC's for $1499 plus tax with an additional $145 back in club card points. I believe that deal ended last week.
I missed out on the Black Ovis 20% off deal with free shipping and no tax for certain states, so $1280 total for SLC's in 10x42, but it's over now too.

There was a nice set of SLC 8x42's in the classifieds here a couple weeks back for $1080.

If you're set on the Trinovids, Cabela's has them $999 with an extra 10% back in club card points, so you'd earn $120 if you use a silver card.

All that being said, the Kowa Genesis that Doug had on sale beats both of the OP's choices for similar money. Not sure if he can still match the Kowa sale price?

wmd

Lil-Rokslider
Just went thru the same thing. My son has Zeiss Conquest 10x42 and he had also looked at the Leica's. I bought the Leica 10x42 Trinovid because it is 4 ounces lighter than the Zeiss. We agreed that was no difference between the two in glass quality.
wmd

Zszumski

FNG
I’m looking to upgrade my binoculars. I’m looking at the Leica Trinovid HDs or the Zeiss Conquest HDs. I am also curious about the Maven B.2s.

Of the three, which would you recommend?

curious on everyone’s take on best overall power bino’s to have?

nobody

WKR
All 3 of them are definitely "Top Shelf" glass. The best advice I can give would be to order some Maven B2's on the demo program, and then go to a big box store multiple times at different times of day and in different weather and compare the Leica, Zeiss, and Maven side by side for a few hours cumulatively. Go somewhere you can see the hills or even look over a densely populated area and look across a valley or at a hillside and find specific details to pick apart with the optics. Your eyes will tell you which to go with! The nice thing is that, realistically, you most likely can't go wrong with either. I know the big draw with the B2's is the upgraded prism system will let in more light relative to the base model prisms found in most big optics companies' glass.

All that being said... if it were my money, from my experience and spending some time behind glass, I would pick up the B2's.