Bipod suggestions

Oregonboy

WKR
I’m actually in the market for a bipod and the atlas PSR series look awesome. Do they ever go on sale?

carter33

WKR
I’m actually in the market for a bipod and the atlas PSR series look awesome. Do they ever go on sale?

I can’t say I have seen them on sale but I have seen em in the classifieds from time to time. I would take a look at the CAL over the PSR also. I have the PSR and it is great but I do sorta wish it had the locking lever. CAL is a slightly wider footprint though and just a bit heavier.

V-TRAIN

WKR
K, i got another question about the atlas as far as mounting it to your rifle.

the picatinny rail that atlas sells to mount to your rifle and still use a sling.
do you have to use their mount to use the bipod ? or can you use any rail ?

i was looking at theirs, i an it looks like to install it, you have to remove the barrel and install some pieces under it to screw into. i was looking for other options, and was wondering if i got a different rail that was easier to install without pulling the barrel would that work with the bipod ?

Lawnboi

WKR
K, i got another question about the atlas as far as mounting it to your rifle.

the picatinny rail that atlas sells to mount to your rifle and still use a sling.
do you have to use their mount to use the bipod ? or can you use any rail ?

i was looking at theirs, i an it looks like to install it, you have to remove the barrel and install some pieces under it to screw into. i was looking for other options, and was wondering if i got a different rail that was easier to install without pulling the barrel would that work with the bipod ?

The adm mount is adjustable and should work with any picatinny rail.

To install a rail, if you don’t already have 2 holes in your stock you will need to drill a hole. If your not comfortable pulling your action and drilling I’d talk to a gunsmith, should be pretty cheap.

I wouldn’t do it how the above post did it, drilling into your stock with the barrel still in place.... yea I’ll pass on that. There should be plenty of videos on installing rails. If it were me I’d put on an area 419 picatinny rail. The edges are not sharp like most others and it’s long enough that you can still use a sling in the flush cup slot if needed.

If your uncomfortable pulling your barreled action it would probably be best to contact your nearest gunsmith.

I have a spartan javelin that I love to use on my barret fieldcraft in 6.5CM. Keeps the package very light and it provides plenty of support for the 6.5CM. I have found with larger cartridges though it is harder to control the recoil with the javelin compared with my atlas PSR bipod so I run that on my lightweight 300winmag.
Do you use the Classic Adapter that mounts to your sling stud or did you install the gunsmith adapter into the stock?

carter33

WKR
Do you use the Classic Adapter that mounts to your sling stud or did you install the gunsmith adapter into the stock?

I have always used the classic adapter. Wanted to give the gunsmith adapter a try but get nervous about doing the install myself. The classic adapter does work well though but of course obtrudes a bit off the stock.

I have always used the classic adapter. Wanted to give the gunsmith adapter a try but get nervous about doing the install myself. The classic adapter does work well though but of course obtrudes a bit off the stock.

Yeah I've decided against using the Gunsmith adapter as well. I went out and shot with the Classic this evening and it works just fine.

Attachments

• IMG_8466.jpg
    IMG_8466.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 21

Block

WKR
Harris S-25 ,, nice but kinda heavy.,, don’t need the long extension for prone shots.,, good for predator hunting

Swagger the twist lock legs collapsed to the kick of my 270,,, heavy,,, terribly big uncomfortable design to carry on a deer hunt.

Zeadio Carbon Fiber $35 on Amazon for me has been just as good as the Harris but lighter (doesn’t extend as long) overall it’s my favorite

Of all the Bipods out there it’s pretty lame and kinda mind blowing that NO ONE has designed one that isn’t uncomfortable as shit to carry on the shoulder