Bitz Clamp Cleaning

bisblue

WKR
Hey Folks,
Two questions on the Bitzeburger.
  1. What are folks using to clean the bitz clamp in between fletchings?
  2. Are folks doing a different cleaning method after multiple arrows?
  3. What cure time do folks find best?
For reference I'm using AAE Max Bond on AAE trad vanes with a wrap. I run a green scotch pad over the clamp after each fletching.

dlee56

WKR
I don't clean it at all until I'm done with my dozen arrows. If I do I wait for glue to dry and then run a knife down the edge of the clamp to break off any clumps. Are you getting a lot of glue on your camp with cach fletch?

OP
bisblue

bisblue

WKR
I don't clean it at all until I'm done with my dozen arrows. If I do I wait for glue to dry and then run a knife down the edge of the clamp to break off any clumps. Are you getting a lot of glue on your camp with cach fletch?
I'm getting some, but not a lot necessarily. I'm hesitant to run a knife down the clamp, but maybe that is the method.

I also tried some adjustments to get better contact of the fletching with the shaft.

Last edited:

WoodBow

WKR
I do the same as @dlee56

I like the idea of some kind of oil or lube on the clamp to inhibit adhesion though.

oldgoat

WKR
Yeah, don't overthink it, scrape it off with a knife! I use a razor knife and just keep it pretty much laid down flat on the clamp. If your are using wraps, Bohning Platinum works great and cleans off easier than super glue

Tartan

WKR
I mostly use a last chance jig now, but with the Bitz, i would just use a little bit of string wax on the jig. any cured glue would pop off easy after.