Bivy Stick VS Garmin Inreach mini?? HELP

Kwet239

Lil-Rokslider
So Ive got a couple of hunt this year, I own a Business and while I love being away, there are a few things that if were to happen I really need to know about. So I’m really only using it for 2way text feature.

Looking for reviews or advice as to which one is the way to go.....

11boo

WKR
Bivy is new, and there is some other new offering I can’t remember. Both are too new to trust in my opinion. They are cheaper than an inreach for sure. I just ordered an inreach mini, so you probably know my opinion.

google up bivy, there is a decent test of all the sat texters. Spoiler alert, Garmin was the favorite.

Zoleo was the other one.

Anyone try the bivy stick yet? Plans are much cheaper than Garmin. Hoping someone can give a review on how it performs. They now have the SOS feature.

Bivy Stick:
Plus- 100 credits $40/month
Unlimited- unlimited credits $50/month

Garmin:
Recreation- 40 credits $35/month
Expedition- unlimited credits $65/month

muddydogs

WKR
Be careful with your generalization of pricing.

Garmin Recreation plan 40 is 40 text messages, unlimited 10 minute tracking interval and unlimited preset messages for $35

Bivy stick credits are used for most functions. 1 text is a credit, 1 hour of tracking is a credit, so depending on what your doing the price may be comparable?

Bivy does roll over there credits so a guy could end up with a pile and they look like they have a dedicated cell number so contacting a Bivy user might be easier.

I'll wait a few years so others can work out the bugs before I do anything, for the last 8 years the Inreach has been helping to keep me and others I work with in contact.