Black Eagle Or Goldtip Arrows

jm1607

WKR
After shooting both and looking at the stats, they are nearly identical IMO (depending on the model). Both arrows are top notch. Neither are made in the US. I shot the BE Carnivores and GT Velocity Pro's. I ended up with Black Eagles in the end, mainly because they were cheaper... I am extremely happy with them and don't plan on switching any time soon

I'll be honest I HAVEN'T shot any BE but know a number of guys that really like them and I know they have a HUGE following in the 3D market. Personally I'd go GT if I wasn't shooting what I am.

Danielboone

Lil-Rokslider
BE has more of a varied selection from thin to slim to fat and all between, plus a good selection of spines. I shot a BE Ramgage through a dryer, that's 4 layers of steel and still shoot the arrow.

Tilzbow

WKR
I've shot both quite a lot and I'm currently shooting Black Eagle Deep Impact long draw shafts with Aero Outserts. The spine on the Black Eagles is really consistent and they're very accurate with fixed blade broadheads. That said I can't say anything bad about GT's and I'll continue to shoot my Kinetic 200's when I want a heavy arrow/broadhead combo. These also fly great and are tough.

Been shooting GT Hunters from my longbow four 4 years and they've been great.

Just struggled with same. I went Gold Tip Pro22s as I am avid 3D shooter. GTs components easier to find where I am. Odd that GT only makes a 300 spine in the 22. They have theories that differ from most. I just finished building them last night. IBO on Sunday. If they suck I'll surely pass it along.

I shot GT for quite a few years. I'm not shooting BE Carnivores. They are very similar to me and my old GT components work just fine with the BE. I think the BE are a little lighter and a bit cheaper, as well.

Just shot my GT22 Pros in IBOs...not impressed. I shot well. Arrows are accurate. But I lost 3 arrows due to damage. Walls are paper thin. Two were hit deep inside the foam.

The only comparison I have are Easton LightSpeed 3Ds. Shot the same batch for years in tournaments with no issue.

OP
Screaming Bulls
Im leaning right now toward the black eagle rampage. Anyone that use rampages what inserts you guys run on those ?

Last edited: