Black Gold Dual Trac

Yooper

WKR
So what do you guys think about the new Black Gold Dual Trac just released yesterday? Anybody get their hands on one yet? I've always been interested in the two up pin concept, but not a huge fan of Spot Hogg so never gave theirs a try. I'd like to see a custom BG in two green pins instead of one green and one red. Hopefully that's an option down the road.

rkeaton

FNG
looks solid, and I really like the ability to adjust the second pin. Looks like preordering on SandSArchery says ~4-6 weeks. I am waiting for an updated dovetail release for the Mathews V3X, which I was told via email is also ~4-6 weeks out.

I have an Ascent Verdict so I am familiar with the MBG sights. In the meantime I am trying not to pick up a Fast Eddie double pin because I am curious to see if I'd like the spot hogg wheel better than the MBG wheel. That and the MRT ring is interesting. Anyway. The dual trac looks sweet.

It does look interesting for sure since they have adjustment on both pins. However because I'm mostly a whitetail hunter, I would prefer a 3rd pin which is why i'm going with Spot Hog(mentally right now) when I buy a new sight. If my local shop has a MBG 2 pin, I might have to play with it.

OP
Yooper

Yooper

WKR
I did the pre-order through S&S last week. Hopefully I'll see it soon. When I do I'll post up a quick review.

CAM_D

FNG
My local shop had a few in stock so I grabbed one today. I've been shooting an ascent single pin for a few years and this will be replacing it. I have a few spot hoggs but keep going back to the black gold because the pins are much nicer. I can report back tomorrow after I take some time to sight it in. I've mounted and leveled it so far.

rkeaton

FNG
My local shop had a few in stock so I grabbed one today. I've been shooting an ascent single pin for a few years and this will be replacing it. I have a few spot hoggs but keep going back to the black gold because the pins are much nicer. I can report back tomorrow after I take some time to sight it in. I've mounted and leveled it so far.

nice! what’s the price on these? I’m waiting for them to release the updated dovetail to run with the v3x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4rcgoat

WKR
Following

CAM_D

FNG
nice! what’s the price on these? I’m waiting for them to release the updated dovetail to run with the v3x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think they are $350 on s&s. My local shop was a little higher but I don’t mind supporting the little guy. I took it out and sighted in to 80 today. Once I had my 20 set up I used the micro adjust to get the 2nd pin perfect at 40. Dual indicator with lower 2nd pin will let me get out to about 115 yards with a 480 grain arrow before I bottom out on travel. Since I’m so used to a single pin mbg this one will be very easy to adapt to. The narrower pin is really nice compared to the older style.

How’s the weight on these compared to their previous models? I’m using a mountain lite right now. I can’t say enough good things about it but the vertical pins really seal the deal for me. Just wondering if the micro adjust made them heavier?

Reddfin

FNG
As a long time user of the HHA Optimizer Lite, I am really looking forward to this site. It seems like a great idea. It has some great things going for it. A dual vertical pin just makesn sense to me. The Dual trac seems great as well. I odered the Mountain Lite Dual Pin. Im pretty excited to get it on my bow but I think its taking 3-5 months to deliver. Im a lefty so used to having to order and wait but 3-5 months makes me believe that besifes supply chain issues a lot of people have ordered it as well.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
I have one on order from S&S, built it with an MT3 base, and double green pins. Been waiting on this sight for a long time. Hopefully I see it before elk and moose season

So I went in my local bow shop last week and they said they'd order one for me but told me they'd see them sometime late this year.. Does S&S do all the main distributing for MBG? because they're stating 4 month lead time, so I'm tempted to go this route and have my down payment on the site go towards some new arrows

Also is the 2nd pin on this things yellow or red??

DanimalW

WKR
Anyone have one mounted to a bow yet? Just wondering your thoughts. My archery shop had some on order so I asked for one of those. Always been a fixed pin guy, but I wear contacts due to being born with shitty vision. As I get older, vision is getting worse, and contacts blur up some when they dry out from wind or cold. Figured a more open sight picture would be helpful, as well as the supposedly brighter MBG pins. I’m pretty sure I’ll feel comfortable with 2 pins out to at least 50 yards without sliding, so I don’t think that should be an issue for me. Looking forward to trying it out.

CAM_D

FNG
Anyone have one mounted to a bow yet? Just wondering your thoughts. My archery shop had some on order so I asked for one of those. Always been a fixed pin guy, but I wear contacts due to being born with shitty vision. As I get older, vision is getting worse, and contacts blur up some when they dry out from wind or cold. Figured a more open sight picture would be helpful, as well as the supposedly brighter MBG pins. I’m pretty sure I’ll feel comfortable with 2 pins out to at least 50 yards without sliding, so I don’t think that should be an issue for me. Looking forward to trying it out.
I've had mine on my bow for almost 2 months. The pins are the same bright pins you expect from MBG.

baz77

WKR
Received my dual trac that I pre ordered from S&S in December yesterday...perfect hunting sight imo. Same high quality and bright pins as all my other BG sights.

LRHunter

FNG
Any ETA on when these will be available? I've heard March/April timeframe but my shop hasn't received any yet.

A few have showed up. I know a friend got one, but it didn't have the dovetail that's compatible with the Mathews. I guess it was 2 weeks ago it showed up at local shop.

A few Ascent Verdicts have shown up with the new dovetail too. So I suspect things are slowly trickling out.

Trial153

WKR
Still nothing for me from S&S. I might shoot them an email this week and ask for an update

Reddfin

FNG
I asked last week about my custom dualtrac they said we are waiting for orders that were put in around December.