Black Gold versus Spot Hogg single pin sights

I have always had a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL but was looking to maybe switch to a Black Gold. Wondering if anyone has input on which is easier to sight in or positives and negatives for each.

I’m a black gold guy. I pretty much only shoot 5 pin sliders these days, haven’t shot a single pin in 5 years or more. But If I were shooting single pin, it would easily be spot Hogg. Built like a tank that can hold up to a ton of dialing and the dial itself is much smoother and easier to adjust quickly.

Every advantage that I feel BG has, is in multi pin.

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I have always had a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL but was looking to maybe switch to a Black Gold. Wondering if anyone has input on which is easier to sight in or positives and negatives for each.
They're virtually the same ease of setup, etc. The Fast Eddie is smoother.

I actually shoot a Black Gold Competition Sight with a single pin Spot Hogg scope but the .019" fiber in it is DIM. Doesn't matter on my target bow because I use a light but the Black Gold pins/fiber and the Photochromatic shell have always been the best low-light setup, IMO.

If you're looking for a superior sight mechanism, the new Axcel Landslyde is the nutz, in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

docmay

FNG
I shoot mainly black gold sights. But, mine are all custom 4 pin sliders. If you asked for my favorite single pin it would be an axcel slider with an UltraView scope. Awesome combo!

wayoh22

WKR
I've shot Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL single pin exclusively for the past 2 years and have loved it. Plenty of light for me when it's dark and they have a light you can attach.

I will say I just switched to an Ultaview double pin scope on my Fast Eddie XL and wish I did sooner. It's a worlds difference in quality with the clearness of the pins imo.

laltaffer

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t like the tape placement of the black gold but that’s a pretty personal preference. I also didn’t find black gold pins to be very bright. SH isn’t super bright either but I felt I could see them better. Both were .10 pin size.

I now shoot the Hogg Father but very interested in trying the UltraView and moving to a more modular sight setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Boertje_11
Thanks guys this has been a lot of help. I will mount that Spot Hogg on my new bow for now and see if I get the itch to switch away from a single pin set up.

lintond

WKR
Didn’t like the vertical adjustment of the Fast Eddie XL and am now back to BG on my primary bow. Otherwise they are both great products with some personal preference differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the BG Pure but didn’t like the Mountain Light. It took me about 15 minutes to set both up. My dislike for the Mountain Light is more personal preference. I think for the money, that sight should be a lot better but the quality is fine. If you are hard on your gear than SH all the way. If you want to take a chance then look at Dialed Archery. Good luck with then search.

I have a HHA Tetra single pin and I really like it. I have never used either of those 2 sights so I can't say much about those. As for my sight the pin is super bright and pin brightness can be controlled using their mechanical rheostat. I like where the sight tapes are located on the HHA and Spot Hogg. I don't like the sight tape placement on Black Gold but that is just personal preference.

wadegarrett

Lil-Rokslider
For guys who have run both, are the SH Fast Eddie and BG Ascent similar in total horizontal length (ie rail length from riser to sight)?

sndmn11

WKR
I ran my bow over with my truck in 2020 during the season. Spot Hogg told me to send them what was left of the Fast Eddie I had mounted, and they rebuilt it in about a week for zero dollars. Most of it was replaced.

I thought that was neat.