Black Rifle Coffee has let me down, those #$%#$%

I had been loyal to them and particularly their instant packs for years. I even stood up for them here and elsewhere as they drew some fire for their politics and what not. Those instants were my go to in the woods and I even carried a couple of packs in my briefcase. 90% of the time I drink them with cold water so they were awesome for grab and go. I bought four boxes a year ago for hunting season and a couple of backpacking trips that didnt happen so, I was going through the last two boxes this hunting season. Every packet is hard and crusty and the coffee barely melts in hot water much less cold. It tastes off like acidy and bitter. Now, coffee is one of my main reasons to live, so this hits hard. there is nothing worse than being miles in the woods without a Starbucks in sight and your only coffee supply is basically coffee scented cement.

I reached out to them via their website and the nice chat lady said they wouldn't replace them but would give me 20% off the next order. Sorry, chat lady. There wont be a next order. You are dead to me.

I guess I gotta go back to the evil empire and fire up the starbucks vias again.

It is a sad, sad day.

Spoonbill

WKR
I had been loyal to them and particularly their instant packs for years. I even stood up for them here and elsewhere as they drew some fire for their politics and what not. Those instants were my go to in the woods and I even carried a couple of packs in my briefcase. 90% of the time I drink them with cold water so they were awesome for grab and go. I bought four boxes a year ago for hunting season and a couple of backpacking trips that didnt happen so, I was going through the last two boxes this hunting season. Every packet is hard and crusty and the coffee barely melts in hot water much less cold. It tastes off like acidy and bitter. Now, coffee is one of my main reasons to live, so this hits hard. there is nothing worse than being miles in the woods without a Starbucks in sight and your only coffee supply is basically coffee scented cement.

I reached out to them via their website and the nice chat lady said they wouldn't replace them but would give me 20% off the next order. Sorry, chat lady. There wont be a next order. You are dead to me.

I guess I gotta go back to the evil empire and fire up the starbucks vias again.

It is a sad, sad day.
Give them a call, my dad had the post office lose his order and they replaced it for free after he called.

roymunson

WKR
Your perogative to buy elsewhere... But if a couple instant coffee packets gone wrong is the worst thing that happens to you this month, you're a blessed man.

I'd make the argument that even if they don't fix your coffee issue (which, btw, how do THEY know you didn't tamper with them? Not saying you did, but I'm sure they get calls from people wanting freebies all the time), they're still a better option than the Bux who is actively lobbying against almost everything most sportsmen stand for.

If you want to make such a strong stand, go ahead, but going back to Starbucks is not where it's at, IMO.

I don't have a dog in the fight, just find it comical at how quickly people are willing to be offended.

OP
Desk Jockey
Your pissed because your year old instant coffee you probably left in a tote in the garage went bad?
Kitchen cabinet actually. Upon further inspection the individual wrappers are compromised in both boxes.

I bought a quantity so I could have it on hand for trips. Can’t see making a point of ordering a batch before each trip just to use their stuff.

Jethro

WKR
The box has a "best used by" date. Are you past that date? If not, you have a legit gripe and may help to explain that. If that date has passed, then its on you. I'm using BR instants packs that were best by May of this year. They're still good.

Kitchen cabinet actually. Upon further inspection the individual wrappers are compromised in both boxes.

I bought a quantity so I could have it on hand for trips. Can’t see making a point of ordering a batch before each trip just to use their stuff.
But also.
You failed to pre trip what is arguably one of if not the most important pieces of the entire hunt 🤔

roymunson

WKR

or it could have been in your truck bed. BRC has no reason to believe you're telling the truth. They could have, and arguably should have replaced them. Wouldn't have cost them anything. But I think your willingness to burn the whole thing down is laughable and petty. You live a charmed life man. Move on to the next thing.

Shhhh. You don’t want to attract the attention of the memehole gang!!

Headline reads “WKR PISSED THAT INSTANT COFFEE SUCKS !!”

Clarktar

WKR
Check out cascadia roasters instant. I've had packets sitting in a prepped Ziploc bag of day food for a couple years. Went through the last few this season and the coffee was just fine!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk