Blaser R8 in a Rokstok survey

Would you commit to buying a Rokstok for your Blaser R8 Professional?

• Total voters

BjornF16

WKR
Looking to gauge interest in Blaser R8 owners to get into a Rokstok for their Blaser R8 Professional rifle, making it a solid long range capable rig.

If you're an R8 Professional owner and would be willing to commit to buying a Rokstok for your R8, then vote "YES".

Looks like we would need a minimum of 10 commitments to get @Unknown Munitions and @Stockys to develop and make the mold for this.

Note: This would NOT work for the Professional S, Jäger or Ultimate R8's. The receiver for the Professional and Professional Success (thumbhole stock) appear to be the same with only the fire control group being different. I have swapped my Jäger trigger into my Success trigger and it works.

If we can secure the minimum necessary commitments, then I would send in my Professional Success for fitment.

@Formidilosus @Ryan Avery

Last edited:

THellURider

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to gauge interest in Blaser R8 owners to get into a Rokstok for their Blaser R8 Professional rifle, making it a solid long range capable rig.

If you're an R8 Professional owner and would be willing to commit to buying a Rokstok for your R8, then vote "YES".

Looks like we would need a minimum of 10 commitments to get @Unknown Munitions and @Stockys to develop and make the mold for this.

Note: This would NOT work for the Professional S, Jäger or Ultimate R8's. The receiver for the Professional and Professional Success (thumbhole stock) appear to be the same with only the fire control group being different. I have swapped my Jäger trigger into my Success trigger and it works.

If we can secure the minimum necessary commitments, then I would send in my Professional Success for fitment.

@Formidilosus @Ryan Avery
I'm not sure I want it, but I'd commit just to support the Blaser community.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
If some of us are going to buy rifles just for the Rokstock, is the Professional the best platform for this build?

On the website all the professional series have what seem to be weak iron sights on them.

Why not the Ultimate?

I'm not asking to be contrary, just taking a glance at the viability of making a commitment.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
PS:

my ideal irons set up that I use is a blade front and a ghost ring rear.

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
Blaser iron sights are integral to the barrel and have nothing to do with the receiver platform you use. Each barrel can be removed and used in any blaser receiver/stock.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
OK.

Why are the actions different on the options?

It seems like it would be better for Jake if all the R8 actions fit in one Rokstok.

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
OK.

Why are the actions different on the options?

It seems like it would be better for Jake if all the R8 actions fit in one Rokstok.
The Jäger and Ultimate are 2-piece stocks (butt stock and fore end are independent) much like a shotgun.

Making a RokStok for the Jäger or Ultimate means having 2 molds, effectively doubling the cost.

The Professional sits in a 1-piece stock.

Omicron got it correct above…you can get the Blaser barrel with or without iron sights. Has nothing to do with the stock or receiver.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Got it, thank you for bringing me up to speed.

If this comes to pass will we be wearing them out and waiting on fast twist 18" threaded 223 barrels?

Last edited:
OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
I have been asking when we can order a “custom” barrel with fast twists…I think it will be coming soon but not this year. Apparently the Europeans can already get the custom twists…

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
Maybe LRI would make a batch?
There are 2 gunsmiths in the US making aftermarket Blaser barrels in the US right now…and I wouldn’t use either one.

There is another option that any competent gunsmith should be able to handle…the Akila Bear 8 barrel extension for Blaser rifles.

If we can get a Blaser RokStok, I’ll send in my Akila to UM to have a 6 UM barrel done.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
OK, so you have a .243 barrel of some sort with a desirable twist and that part from Akila will serve as the new chamber host for 6UM?

OP
BjornF16

BjornF16

WKR
OK, so you have a .243 barrel of some sort with a desirable twist and that part from Akila will serve as the new chamber host for 6UM?
Think of it as a receiver but the barrel threads go all the way to the front of the receiver (like 3”).

Are there extended mag options or are you stuck with 4 rounds on the professional model?