Blaze orange vest options cheap vs kuiu/sitka

Sleeperls

Lil-Rokslider
Need to buy a new vest vs my generic bird vest.

Was looking at the generic cabelas, vs the kuiu guide vest vs the sitka.

Got 250 weight base, fl grid fleece, and their soft shell for a 3rd season hunt co. Dont know about layering softshells. But dont want a cheap noisey vest.

I know the biggamehide, and underarmour make them as well. Sucks where i live i have to order blind cant try them on

wseidel

WKR
Take a close look at Orange Aglow vests and pack panels. I just purchased the camo blaze vest and two pack panels and am impressed with the quality - especially for the low price point. Previously, I looked at the MR Blaze Stick It panel but realized I simply needed visibility, light weight (with material that dries quickly....with the added benefit of low cost. I was able to purchase the vest and two panels for the equivalent price of the MR Blaze Stick It.

Worth a visit and the customer service from David is stellar:

https://www.orangeaglow.com/

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a dirt-cheap mesh vest that weighs next to nothing and fits the bill perfectly for me, but if I were going to replace it, I would get the Orange Aglow version mentioned above. But make sure you verify that mesh blaze is legal in your state. I believe I’ve heard that it’s not everywhere.

Fatcamp

WKR
My wife bought construction vests off Amazon and used a seam ripper to remove the reflective panels. They are really nice. Lightweight, tough, and have a zipper. Previously we had vests that tied or used velcro which wasn't ideal.

bmf0713

WKR
I have a kryptek Orange vest. I wanted something with pockets but not my heavy bird vest. Think it was like $35-40.

muddydogs

WKR
I purchased an orange fleece cheap vest from Cabelas 10 plus years ago, works just fine for my orange layer, packs small and light to leave in the pack when orange isn't required but I want to have it along. Why spend a bunch of bucks on an orange vest, its just not needed.

CGS55

FNG
I have the Sitka vest and I appreciate the pockets and versatility of the vest. It’s at home during rifle season or while upland bird hunting.

Phaseolus

WKR
I’ve got a dirt-cheap mesh vest that weighs next to nothing and fits the bill perfectly for me, but if I were going to replace it, I would get the Orange Aglow version mentioned above. But make sure you verify that mesh blaze is legal in your state. I believe I’ve heard that it’s not everywhere.
Mesh is not legal in Colorado

I carry cheap orange cloth vests. One goes over the insulated jacket, one on the pack if I am using one, can leave one near the animal if I have to leave it, so I can find it later.