BLM to open 22 mil acres in Western states to solar

But But But...orange man bad......but but but pipelines are bad.....but but but....the economy is doing great....but but but.....drilling is bad... but but but Democrats are pro-environment and against plastic bags and they are for abortion.....but but but

You get and DESERVE what you vote for people.

KurtR

WKR
Also 22 million acres you can no longer hunt or access.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk
They want a two mile buffer zone around the one here that would render all the private land which is some of the best for deer hunting useless. They want to put it right beside new evarts resort which is a short distance from oahe. I dont think they were expecting this kind of push back from every one in the area here. Its also a main migration route for all the honkers that come through here going down the lake.

Dude, this is what I absolutely do not understand. We have millions of acres of commercial and residential roofing across the country. Just incentivize homeowners more than they currently do. The grid infrastructure is right there already, in the cities.

As far as the farms go, I don't see this as anything different than what we use to do with oil and gas, it's just a different form of energy development and we need more electricity. Ultimately, when all factors are figured, it's prob not any better for the environment.

The first problem with using private (both residential and commercial) is to ensure the roof is structurally sound enough to support the added point loading. The second is to allow unfettered access to that private for service. The third is to store the DC on the private property in a battery, then covert to AC to send it to the grid.

As far as oil and gas goes, minimal disturbance is the key goal by regulators, which has increased the popularity of very long laterals with horizontal wells. There is an extremely large gap between natural gas generation in a combined cycle plant and a solar farm, favoring the natural gas.

The demand for MW has increased because of legislation, not by free market conditions.

PNM's and "governor" MLG's Energy Transition Act in NM is a classic example...

S.Clancy

WKR
It boils down to we all need to be active in the process. I work for a land management agency and providing comment and/or going to meetings and voicing your concerns makes a difference. Alot of stuff gets shot down due to public comment. Nothing gets shot down if all we do is complain here or Facebook or whatever. Make constructive comments with data backing.

S.Clancy

WKR
The first problem with using private (both residential and commercial) is to ensure the roof is structurally sound enough to support the added point loading. The second is to allow unfettered access to that private for service. The third is to store the DC on the private property in a battery, then covert to AC to send it to the grid.

As far as oil and gas goes, minimal disturbance is the key goal by regulators, which has increased the popularity of very long laterals with horizontal wells. There is an extremely large gap between natural gas generation in a combined cycle plant and a solar farm, favoring the natural gas.

The demand for MW has increased because of legislation, not by free market conditions.

PNM's and "governor" MLG's Energy Transition Act in NM is a classic example...
That is a good point, there can be some big increases in loading (wind loading) by adding panels.

And MW have definitely increased because of demand as well, more population means more MW need. But, the E-vehicle (legislation etc) stuff can't be ignored either.

jmez

WKR
Actually, the first problem with private and residential is the cost. Homeowners and businesses aren't going to give away the space nor energy. The government will do both. Gvmnt subsidized Green Companies can't maximize profit involving the private sector.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

That is a good point, there can be some big increases in loading (wind loading) by adding panels.

And MW have definitely increased because of demand as well, more population means more MW need. But, the E-vehicle (legislation etc) stuff can't be ignored either.

The method of output has changed as well as the type of demand. Very few new nuclear, coal, and natural gas plants have been brought online, but solar and wind have replaced them as they are decommissioned.

A lot of lighting in the residential sector has moved to LED which has a much lower draw during peak usage, but it has made it up on the usage for gadgetry such as computer use and yes, ev charging.

Yoder

WKR
I think there is no comparison to natural gas or even oil. It will kill everything on the land. They need to put them on every Amazon warehouse, government building, Walmart, closed down mall. Elon Musk has shingles that are solar panels, so you can put them on almost any house. https://www.tesla.com/solarroof

Also, I wasn't even close to joking about the target practice.

S.Clancy

WKR
The method of output has changed as well as the type of demand. Very few new nuclear, coal, and natural gas plants have been brought online, but solar and wind have replaced them as they are decommissioned.

A lot of lighting in the residential sector has moved to LED which has a much lower draw during peak usage, but it has made it up on the usage for gadgetry such as computer use and yes, ev charging.
The lack of nuclear, to me, is just inconceivable. It is really the only reasonable answer to electric energy demands. The current technology can meet our demands, it's a matter of $$$ and social buy-in. To me it's laughable to talk about an energy future where a large percentage isn't nuclear.

cnelk

WKR
You would think the UIA [Unlawful Inclosers Act 1885] would kick in if the public wasnt allowed to access the BLM land.
[You know, kind of like the Corner Crossing thingy]

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
was just going to show up and say we could put a few nuclear power plants across the west maybe to the tune of 200 sq miles and power the western half of the U.S.

ozyclint

WKR
But But But...orange man bad......but but but pipelines are bad.....but but but....the economy is doing great....but but but.....drilling is bad... but but but Democrats are pro-environment and against plastic bags and they are for abortion.....but but but

You get and DESERVE what you vote for people.
Last I heard was that lots of people 'voted' for Biden near the end of the vote counting. :unsure:

Of course not.

They don't want to pet that Democratic Federal dog from tail to head.

They will remain silent like good little bitches and fall in line.
Off topic, but have their been any noticeable changes with the new ceo?