Blonde Brown Bear Rug or Mount?

Mojave

WKR
$10,000 will buy a lot of hunting. Or one really good hunt.

Whatever decision you make you will probably at some point regret it.

Lifesize is cool. Rug is cool. Tanned hide on the rail is cool. 20-30 years from now no one will care.

I would do a full body mount, but do whatever makes you happy. The full body mount displays the magnificence of the animal a lot more than a rug.

I'm gonna suggest Door #3, as it is what I did my with brown bear and I couldn't be happier.

Go with just a full body soft tan. Then you can drape it over a stair railing, couch, hang it from a nail on the wall like a trapping fur, roll it up and just have it somewhere, or you can still spread it how and hang it on the wall, it'll just not weigh as much without the felt backing etc.

I run my hands through my bear hide every time I climb the stairs and think about the hunt. I just wish I had a second bannister so my bear didn't have to sit on top of my bull bison! I tussle his mop before/after the bear, but both are just too fun to have one mostly hidden.

It's also way cheaper than even the rug option. And you can always still convert it into a rug or even a full mount (with the right taxi) later on down the road if you change your mind.
View attachment 630984View attachment 630985
This is what I do with my bear hides

Scottyboy

WKR
No wrong answers I guess. But if I was spending your money and it wouldn’t break me, full body for this one. I am generally not a fan being honest, but a bear this big/beautiful would be the exception…especially if it’s a OIL type thing.

No matter which route you choose be sure to report back with a few pics!

pugwylde

FNG
I got 2 bears in my freezer right now and I’m still trying to figure out what to do with them. I can’t justify spending that much money to get a rug and a full mount is out of the question
You ever think about trying to tan them yourself? I told my wife and kids, I have a vision of my retirement: sitting on the porch of our cabin on a crisp morning, coffee in a metal cup, wearing the bear skin coat I made myself from the bear I killed myself.

GARLICSALT

Lil-Rokslider
I'm gonna suggest Door #3, as it is what I did my with brown bear and I couldn't be happier.

Go with just a full body soft tan. Then you can drape it over a stair railing, couch, hang it from a nail on the wall like a trapping fur, roll it up and just have it somewhere, or you can still spread it how and hang it on the wall, it'll just not weigh as much without the felt backing etc.

I run my hands through my bear hide every time I climb the stairs and think about the hunt. I just wish I had a second bannister so my bear didn't have to sit on top of my bull bison! I tussle his mop before/after the bear, but both are just too fun to have one mostly hidden.

It's also way cheaper than even the rug option. And you can always still convert it into a rug or even a full mount (with the right taxi) later on down the road if you change your mind.
View attachment 630984View attachment 630985
johnnycake nailed it, soft tan and hang on the coat rack or wherever.

Beautiful trophy, congratulations.

Blind Squirrel

Lil-Rokslider
You ever think about trying to tan them yourself? I told my wife and kids, I have a vision of my retirement: sitting on the porch of our cabin on a crisp morning, coffee in a metal cup, wearing the bear skin coat I made myself from the bear I killed myself.
My next black bear will be made into a vest for my wife. It takes multiple bears to make a coat. I know a guy who does this. He’s a fur coat salesman but also does his own furrier work. I think I’m using that term correctly 😂. If anyone has any questions about that, send me a PM.