Bob Lee Confidence Builder

Finally got to shoot my BL 57lb Hunter and man oh man...what a nice bow! Was shooting it for the first time today using cedar arrows...love this thing. Took pic of my 1st, 4th & 7th set (3 arrows each) and on the last group I busted a nock. The Rhinehart 1-18 was rocking! This bow with these heavy arrows packs some power. I really like this bow...taking it elk hunting in Sep.

BL1.JPGBL2.JPGBL3.JPGBL4.png

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
It started coming together pretty quickly as the groups tightened up. The muscles were feeling the higher DW when I finished up. Something remarkable happened though...I had this mantra rolling through my head. It was something that guy who shoots aspirin in midair said..."shoot for the center" and I allowed myself to relax and focus exclusively on the center dot. I was releasing arrows quickly when it felt right and it is an amazing thing to drill the center repeatedly doing this. I feel as though I discovered the magic mentality that makes intuitive shooting much more reliable. I never hit the center of the center consistently before...it was a serious confidence builder. Bob Lee bows are so nice...and this one (shooting these totem poles) is dead quiet. I hadn't shot in a while due to circumstances beyond my control but it came right back. I'm just tickled.

Last edited:

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
Cool looking bow and some nice shooting! I have a bunch of bows and my best shooter is an ancient Bob Lee Signature. Very nice bows!

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
So the first time I hunted trad style I missed a 380 bull elk because I misjudged the distance. In order to prevent a reoccurrence I decided to practice shooting at unknown distances so I would not be reliant on a rangefinder (as I was with my compound). Tonight I practiced shooting the Bob Lee at different unknown distances and angles. Because of the higher DW...it shoots much flatter than my 45lb recurve and so my accuracy is greatly improved. My best grouping tonight came from the furthest point in my backyard (without opening the gate). This is my 28' group. Yeah...surprised me too. This whole thing about shooting like you're throwing a baseball is working and damn it's fun. Much more so than archery practice in the past. My previous groups beyond 20' were kinda ugly and inconsistent with the lighter Blacktail...this Bob Lee Hunter is a much more substantial feeling bow.

BL28'.JPG

Elkchayser

Lil-Rokslider
Nice job best practice out there is unknown yardage for hunting purposes (without opening the gate lol) Stump shoot aka leaf shooting is my favorite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Nice bow and shooting Bruce. Did you have that Bob Lee Hydro dipped? Huge Kudos I have been looking for a good backstop for shooting in the backyard. I am going to get me one of those.

GLB

WKR
Nice bow and good shooting! Did you get the low grip or is that the standard grip?

OP
Where's Bruce?
Grip is standard and the camo is factory. Bought the bow used here on RS.