Bob Lee vs. Blacktail??

Justinmm

FNG
I’m looking at upgrading from my sage. I’ve been researching now for a couple weeks on good bows. I’ve found a 2 good deals and I’m hoping someone can give me some insight on the 2 since I won’t be able to try them out before hand. I’ve found a bob lee signature 60” 55@28, and a blacktail elite VL 62” 51@28. They’re both in great shape and haven’t been used much. The bob lee is a 2006 model all maple I believe and the blacktail is a 2012 model shedua and rosewood with maple limbs. Can anyone with personal experience give me some input?

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
Have owned both and currently own a Bob Lee. Hard question. For me both shoot great. Feel great. Looks great.
I would probably go with the Blacktail just because it is newer and they are simply(to me) the most beautiful bows.
I don’t really know what to tell you as they both shoot great. The Blacktail is the only bow I regret selling.

OP
Justinmm

Justinmm

FNG
Have owned both and currently own a Bob Lee. Hard question. For me both shoot great. Feel great. Looks great.
I would probably go with the Blacktail just because it is newer and they are simply(to me) the most beautiful bows.
I don’t really know what to tell you as they both shoot great. The Blacktail is the only bow I regret selling.
Oh forgot to add the bob lee comes with a selway, and they’re both priced under 600$

sveltri

WKR
I've never shot a BT, but I'm really liking my Bob Lee. It's quiet, point well for me, and it just seems to be bombproof. Ultimately, I don't think you can go wrong either way, but the included quiver would help my decision.

Solitude

WKR
Not sure what poundage you are currently drawing, but to me I can notice a 4 pound difference in the way I shoot.

I hunt with a Longbow now but I bought a Bob Lee back in 2008 used the limbs were to heavy I call Bob Lee Archery and talked to Rob Lee he reduced the weight on the limbs and I had him build a new set of limbs First class operation.

Dirtydan

Lil-Rokslider
If you can pick up a Norm Johnson BT for $600, you’d better grab it. BL are good shooters and may actually perform a little better than the Blacktail, but you will have a collector item with a lot of history behind it.

Gettum both. Money can't buy happiness but it can buy bows and that's pretty much the same thing. Lovin my Blacktail.

I’m looking at upgrading from my sage. I’ve been researching now for a couple weeks on good bows. I’ve found a 2 good deals and I’m hoping someone can give me some insight on the 2 since I won’t be able to try them out before hand. I’ve found a bob lee signature 60” 55@28, and a blacktail elite VL 62” 51@28. They’re both in great shape and haven’t been used much. The bob lee is a 2006 model all maple I believe and the blacktail is a 2012 model shedua and rosewood with maple limbs. Can anyone with personal experience give me some input?

What specs are you looking for? I see a nice Wapiti for sale on the classifieds.

OP
Justinmm

Justinmm

FNG
Ended up getting the Bob Lee fellas! Sweet Shooter and fast.

Attachments

• D4848792-AE1E-4D10-9744-4B85B7C6CCD4.jpeg
    D4848792-AE1E-4D10-9744-4B85B7C6CCD4.jpeg
    898.2 KB · Views: 31
Congrats. I injured myself and can't shoot anything...or even stand for more than four minutes. I wanna shoot this BL so badly. Arrggg. Yours looks sweet!