Bog Deathgrip FDE (Bass Pro version)tripod

Meathead

FNG
I received a Bog Death grip tripod for Christmas. At first the 360 degree rotating head would only rotate about 10 degrees, the adjustment knob makes no difference...it would kind of click when it rotated left or right. I loosened it up until the knob came off and then I got forceful with it and it would suddenly rotate 360 degrees like it should. As it rotates, its not smooth but feels almost like its catching on something inside. It seems really stiff and the adjustment knob makes no difference at all, it doesn't stop it from rotating. I don't care if the knob isn't working correctly, but if its supposed to rotate smoothly, I'd hate for it to get completely stuck after a few uses. My question is for those of you who have them, should it rotate smoothly? Thanks

I have one and its all pretty smooth, not video head smooth but definitely not rough. It sounds like something is wrong with yours if it feels that bad.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
M

Meathead

FNG
I ended up exchanging the tripod at Bass Pro for the same exact one...it's a Deathgrip FDE tripod. Anyway, the new one is better than the old one but it's still not smooth. Not sure if I'll keep it or just get a refund and do something else later. Maybe with some use it'll loosen up, but for now it feels clicky when turned. Just makes me wonder if when it clicks will it go past a deer at yardage since it won't turn smoothly.