Bomb-Proof Pants (West-Texas Desert Hunting)

Kountry Biscuit

Lil-Rokslider
I do a lot of hunting in West Texas every year for mule deer and Aoudad and I have not found pants that hold up really well against all the pricks and sticks you get from the vegetation out there. Please post your best recommendations. I have tried Sitka Timberlines and Gameguard brush pants. Neither are really perfect for that environment.

Bump79

WKR
The First Lite Corrugate pants are incredibly durable. I've been wearing 1 pair on nearly every hunt for 7 years.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Fjall Raven Keb trousers are the most durable pant I’ve owned. The most comfortable and functional too. If they don’t hold up, nothing will. Light years ahead in durability to any premium hunting brand on the market.

OP
Kountry Biscuit

Kountry Biscuit

Lil-Rokslider
The First Lite Corrugate pants are incredibly durable. I've been wearing 1 pair on nearly every hunt for 7 years.
I just got on the First Lite website and saw that the sawbuck pants are made from the Corrugate, but have added protection. They might be a good pant to try as well.

BBob

WKR
Fjall Raven Keb trousers are the most durable pant I’ve owned.
How's the sizing stack up to others?

Last edited:

PNWGATOR

WKR
I found their sizing questionnaire accurate. It’ll guide you into the sizing translation and should yield a good fit. They’re generously cut for an athletic build and the material is ‘stretchy’ in the parts that require flex.