Bone broth?

robtattoo

WKR
Stock has to sit for quite awhile to be right. Don’t boil it or you get cloudy foam. Slow, like maybe a bubble on occasion.

When I make it out of the roasted chicken I save any meat that comes off, then make rice with the stock instead of water. Add the meat when it’s done. Even better is you start a base with onions, carrots, and celery in olive oil, then “toast” the rice a bit before adding the all elusive “bone broth”........ha!

I’ve been known to eat it for dinner for a week.

My Mum made this every time the family had a chicken. I still make it today! Add a can of diced tomatoes before the stock. Add the stock a bit at a time & cook until it's dry (like you would risotto) & toss in a good slug of white wine & Worcestershire sauce to finish. You put that on your head & your tongue will beat you brains out for a taste......

robtattoo

WKR
I also have a ridiculous 'collection' of canned broths/stocks.
Everything I cook with bones, gets some kind of stock made out of the leftovers.
I can't drink it like some folks do, believing it to be some sort of cure-all magical elixir, but I do use it in 90% of my dishes.

Last edited:

Rich M

WKR
My wife likes to make it. I don't see anything special coming out of it. Prolly best to just eat right as opposed to picking one thing to focus on.

A nice bowl of hot broth on acold and damp day, sign me up.

It's great that your buddy enjoys bone broth! Many people find it to be a nutritious and comforting drink. It's not only rich in protein but also contains important minerals like calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus, which are beneficial for bone health.

Just thought you would comment on this guy's friend's diet from five years ago, eh?

TaperPin

WKR
I have an image of how they make commercial packaged chicken stock - a huge pot full of scraps and bones. Next to is is the pot bone broth is made from - same pile of scraps and bones, except they cook it twice as long.

What has surprised me are the blind taste tests between chicken stock and chicken bone broth - bone broth usually ends up the winner with a richer more complex taste. Bone broth is finally mainstream. Lol

taskswap

WKR
It's not a miracle food to me. But you can get this in small drink-mix-sized packets as a powder and they're tiny and weigh almost nothing. It can be a nice alternative to tea when you're camping or spiking out in the evening as a hot drink before bed...

I'll do broth fast occasionally or use it as a meal replacement. But I docter it with salt, pepper, and hot sauce

robtattoo

WKR
It's great that your buddy enjoys bone broth! Many people find it to be a nutritious and comforting drink. It's not only rich in protein but also contains important minerals like calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus, which are beneficial for bone health.
What you selling?

Beendare

WKR
It's worth way more to me for cooking then drinking. I turn it into stock and freeze it to use as base.
Yeah me too. Bust up elk bones and cook then for a few hours

save the carcasses from a couple of those Costco rotisserre chickens and boil them down..

Both make a great base for a thick soup