Boot sizing

Mebe007

Lil-Rokslider
Alright guts, how much room do you guys like in the toe with your boots.

Back story, I wear 11.5 in pretty much everything but tennis shoes. Danner, Georgia, and timberland pro safety ties I wear an 11.5. My crispi wyomings 11.5. Zamerlan guide 960 gtx 11.5, however I can't wear a heavier sock as I feel my toes start to cram. I strictly wear them with lighter socks but on steep stuff sometimes I can feel my toes in the the toe of the boot. I'm going on 4 or 5 years with the zamerlan 960 and 3 years on my crispi wyomings. Last year I bought a set of crispi colorado in 11.5 and they were too small. I could feel toe contact around the house. Ended up sending them back and never tried a 12. I enjoy both brands equally though.

Now fast forward, with my maine moose trip coming up in September i wanted to try a slightly taller boot. With that being said i ordered a pair of zamerlan storm pro in size 12. They arrived today. First impression they are very nice. With light socks they seem to fit well, with no real noticeable heel slip. With thicker wool socks the fit seems spot on. They definitely have more toe room than my 960.

I talked with a couple vendors before ordering and explained to them how my 969 fit, and they explained the storm pro would fit very similar and recommended I order the 12 to have more sock options. I initially thought this was weird as most vendors are saying they run a 1/2 to 1 size large. I went with the 12 and of course per recommendation. Around the house they generally feel great, bit how much toe room is too much? I'm wondering how the 11.5 would fit compared to my 969 11.5 or am I just in my head. Debating ordering the 11.5 and just send back the set that doesn't feel as good, but it's kind of an expensive trial. Where the boot is bending at the toe seems to be normal for proper fit,but if I force my toes to the front I can easily fit a finger or so between my heel. Am I playing with fire or should I just try the other size and keep the best one? It's just money, and I'll get a refund minus return shipping if I don't wear them outside or remove the tags. Just hard to get a true feel walking around the house.

First impression of the 12 is wow these are nice, but then my old paranoia takes over.

I usually go with a finger behind the heel method when fitting my boots. That is easier than trying to push down on the toe of the boot to check length.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk