Borah UL Bivy - Regular or wide?

Looking for any input on my decision between a regular/regular vs regular/wide Borah Ultralight Bivy.
I'm 5'10", 160lb. Will be using with a Thermarest NeoAir Xlite pad (regular size/width) and a WM Megalite or Badger depending on the season (both bags regular/6').
According to the Borah site I should be fine with regular width. My question is if anyone here would recommend going wide based on experience? If you have a regular width do you feel like you have enough room, or do you wish you had more? If you have a wide, do you ever feel like it is too wide/sloppy?
One of my favorite benefits of using a bivy is having it keep my whole sleep kit together and in the morning I can just open my sleeping pad valve and roll the whole thing up and stuff in my pack. No extra stuff sacks or hassle. I used an OR Alpine Ascentshell bivy last year but want to drop some weight and gain some breathability.

Borah's sizing recommendation seems to be comfortably rated. I'm 6', 215lbs with a standard length/wide/side zip cuben bivy. I have plenty of room in the wide bivy, even with a wide pad. I'm not swimming in it, but i'm not constricted, even with my spare clothes tucked in.

I think you'd be fine with a normal width, but it's only a .4 oz penalty to go to the wide over the regular. I'm also happy with the side zip. It offers just a little extra room while getting in and out of the bivy.

I’m 6’2” and around 190 lbs I went with the long wide based on their recommendations, but in reality you’re talking less than an ounce difference between them if your worried about weight

I think you could get by with a regular. I use a wide pad with a regular width (but short length) and never have felt like it was too tight. Still enough room for my shoes and other miscellaneous items inside. 5’7” 150lbs, small shoulders - use a wide pad because I like comfort.

Email him. Tell him your specs and go with what he says.

I toss and turn a bit and went bigger. The weight difference is very minimal and you don’t have the same thermal inefficiency issue you would have in a sleeping bag that was too big.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll go with my initial gut choice of regular as it matches with the site's recommendations. I also like the idea of having all my stuff held together better with less room for sliding around.
I'm not worried about the weight difference either way just want the best fit and wanted to hear if anyone regretted going with one or the other.
Definitely going with a side zip for easier entry/exit and changing clothes, etc.

i am 5'10 170 i use the wide i am a side sleeper and use a wide neo air with a quilt. i could get away with a regular but for he weight penalty i would take the wide every time. IMO

Back