Bow exploded

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
Hate to see anyone have an equipment failure ruin months of preparation for any hunt.

Had my bow in the shop a few years ago for new strings/ cables a couple months before my first elk hunt. One of the guys took it in the back to check the draw weight and that’s when we heard the “boom”. The owner just looked up at me and said “you’re not getting your bow back today”. The tech had routed the cables incorrectly. The owner made it right and two weeks later it had new strings, new cams, and new limbs.

That sucks but bows don't typically just blow up, my guess would be the cable wasn't seated all the way on the peg and popped off while drawing bow, I have seen it happen a few times. Not saying it doesn't ever happen though but definitely vary rare.

I feel your pain, man. Cracked a limb a week ago.

I hope you're able to track down something else to shoot, and karma ends up on your side this year!

Tim G

FNG
Had a high end custom longbow blow up on me a week before an Arizona elk hunt. Unfortunately it can happen to any bow.

the good thing is, you have time to do something about it. my first elk hunt was a 22 day hunt. my buddy showed up after 10 days and thought he needed to see how easy that Martin FireCat was to pull back, and derailed it! both limbs, string/cable, done! 1st elk hunt in doubt and in "limb bow"! luckily I was able to get new limbs, string and cable put on. but it cost me 3 full days of hunting and about 10 hours of drive time,.....

One week before my archery backpack hunt and one month before my out of state wyoming muley hunt. From what I can tell the cam broke and then the top limbs shattered. I just put on new strings and was getting it tuned up. I’m pretty crushed and probably looking at going back to the stick bow or borrowing my buddies early 90s Hoyt that I can shoot fairly well. I hate archery!!!!
In the big picture, you are actually lucky... When my bow exploded, it put a hole through my hand the size of a dime and I couldn't shoot a bow for quite a while...