Bow hunting Bino Harnesses

Long Cut

WKR
I currently use an Elbertstock Nosegunner which has been OK for me.
Mainly bowhunt & turkey hunt Georgia, Alabama nowadays. 10x42 or 12x50’s are my main-stay binos between timber or power/gas line hunting.

That being said, what’s a “good” chest bino harness with a rangefinder pouch that keeps everything secure? My Vortex’s and Glock have fallen out of trees multiple times now due to poor securement in my current harness.

I’ve been eyeing Marsupial, Alaskan Guide Gera, Sitka & Kuiu’s offerings but am torn.
Pouches for Rangefinders & my Glock 19/34 are a Plus.

ritter26

FNG
I also use Marsupial bino + rangefinder and highly recommend it. The magnets are really nice and I've never had anything fall out. The rangefinder and binos both have tethers so you won't lose them if they do fall out. I have the pistol attachment but I haven't used it yet.

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
I own the badlands magnetic one. I've taken it in the field many times. Never had rangefinder or binoculars fall out. I also like the 2 side zipper pouches it has. I put my wind marker in one side and mouth call or head lamp in the other side.

There are a ton of good ones out there. I have an older marsupial setup, but most are pretty darn close. Mine is magnetic and it can mess with a compass somewhat. but it is a pretty good setup.

bat-cave

WKR
I've tried the Alaskan Guide Creations, Marsupial Gear and Kuiu. The AGC harness is good, but a bit bulky overall. The Kuiu was not impressive in terms of features or comfort. The Marsupial gear has worked well for me though. Compact, nice features that allow me to carry everything I need w/o going overboard. I did try carrying my sidearm underneath it ... not a fan and went back to carrying on my hip.

Ive tried most on the market. Marsupial enclosed and non enclosed, T&K, Kifaru, AGC, catamount, outdoor vision and Im sure Im forgetting a few. I will not use a harness with magnets. I havent used the new no mag Marsupial so that could be a solid option. But I always end up sticking with the FHF pro m. No magnets, the most compact of the ones I've tried and the lid wraps around the ocular lenses in a way that dust and debris doesn't really get to them - but it does have some openings on the side of the lid. The main gripe is that its not forward opening. But if you just stick with it long enough, its no more difficult to use one handed than the others - it just requires some getting used to bringing the binos under the lid on the way up. It becomes muscle memory once you've done it enough.

People can argue about if it affects your gps or phone (it 100% will affect your compass) but I've got turned around twice in the backcountry using a Marsupial with OnX. I was in areas that I could use terrain features/paper map while holding the phone far enough away to get straightened out - but I just don't want to be bothered with wondering if I'm holding my hand far enough away. Flip side, I've been trained pretty extensively in the Marines to nav with a paper map and compass - a lot of folks don't have that kind of training.

If you don't have issues with the magnets, the Marsupial is top notch. A lot say it doesn't affect them. I'm not questioning that, I'm just saying first hand experience says it does for me. Id just test it all out navigating in a controlled environment before you take it out in the backcountry.

Ive tried most on the market. Marsupial enclosed and non enclosed, T&K, Kifaru, AGC, catamount, outdoor vision and Im sure Im forgetting a few. I will not use a harness with magnets. I havent used the new no mag Marsupial so that could be a solid option. But I always end up sticking with the FHF pro m. No magnets, the most compact of the ones I've tried and the lid wraps around the ocular lenses in a way that dust and debris doesn't really get to them - but it does have some openings on the side of the lid. The main gripe is that its not forward opening. But if you just stick with it long enough, its no more difficult to use one handed than the others - it just requires some getting used to bringing the binos under the lid on the way up. It becomes muscle memory once you've done it enough.

People can argue about if it affects your gps or phone (it 100% will affect your compass) but I've got turned around twice in the backcountry using a Marsupial with OnX. I was in areas that I could use terrain features/paper map while holding the phone far enough away to get straightened out - but I just don't want to be bothered with wondering if I'm holding my hand far enough away. Flip side, I've been trained pretty extensively in the Marines to nav with a paper map and compass - a lot of folks don't have that kind of training.

If you don't have issues with the magnets, the Marsupial is top notch. A lot say it doesn't affect them. I'm not questioning that, I'm just saying first hand experience says it does for me. Id just test it all out navigating in a controlled environment before you take it out in the backcountry.
Semper Fi! Yeah I still always carry a map and compass for our units. Never had a problem with nav. Marines helped but growing up in the "mountains" helped a bunch too.

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
I have the marsupial non enclosed version and it’s been great. It does screw with the phone compass a bit, but if I’m using it to navigate I just hold it out from my body to get a waypoint and have no issues.

Marsupial bino harness (M) (fully enclosed non-magnetic) with rangefinder and radio/inReach pouches is what I use with my Swaro 10x42s. Very satisfied and a nice upgrade from the AGCs.

pirogue

WKR
I’ve had a couple different ones, but were not happy with any until I got my Marsupial fully enclosed. Also felt good to go into their location, and see all the folks making it in America. As a bowhunter, perfect fit and minimal bulk, means a lot. Ditto for thier rangefinder pouch, which fits on the side. No magnet issue with my IPhone 15 compass.

ejc204

FNG
+1 on Marisupal Gear. Just got the fully enclosed magnetic with the rangefinder pouches this year. I love it. I also have Rick Young Outdoors Basic Ultra Light Binocular Harness. I like this as a minimalist set up in a treestand.

Had the Sitka and a Badlands. Now have the marsupial. Much more comfortable than the sitka. The straps on the Sitka are awful. I’m from Georgia and don’t wear thick shirts often. The straps would cut into your neck. Badlands was ok but marsupial has additional options for other add-ons like rangefinder or odds and ends. Definitely happy with it so far and its well used at this point.

OP
Long Cut

Long Cut

WKR
Sounds like I’ll be going with a Marsupial.

Thanks for all your input guys, it was very helpful and made the decision easy for me.

I really like my Stone Glacier harness and rangefinder combo. I like harness that don’t have a ton of bulky pockets everywhere. No magnets and it’s adjustable for different sizes of binocs.

Been using AGC for 15+ years. It is a really good pack and the owner Jaret is a good guy and personal friend so it is hard to want to try anything else. That being said there are a ton of good options out there these days! I think you just have to try one out and adjust from there. A lot of gear is more personal preference and dependant on hunting style/needs than anything.