Bow slings???

JjamesIII

WKR
Definitely Montana bow sling! Ditch the hooks, use the cam lock quick release buckles and thank me later. Seriously, so light, simple, quiet, and most of all- quick. Just flick the two cam locks down and you bow is silently free. The cams hold very securely, that was my initial concern.

Carrying your bow sucks after a few hours. You can bare the weight on your pack instead. I let my bow ride right at my side under my arm out of the way of brush. You never have to set it down to glass or call. After you use it, you’ll never think about carrying your bow again.

D S 319

WKR
i was not a fan of the jaktgear one personally didn’t work out well with my pack load straps getting in the way. I found myself still carrying it. If you can make that one work it’s neat to be able to rest your elbows and glass on your bow.

I also have a bow spider I would be willing to part with that’s been sitting in my tote since I purchased.

Read1t48

WKR
Kifaru Gunbearer. Holds the cam great. Quick access. Carries weight on the pack/hips. Can be adjusted so that you can use the top cam to rest your binos when glassing without ever taking the bow out of the holder. I’ve even been known to ride my bicycle with the bow in the gun bearer.

JjamesIII

WKR
That’s a good idea that I’ll have to try. Where are your connection points on your pack?
Play around with it to see what’s comfortable. I use mystery ranch packs and thread the webbing directly to the webbing located on the shoulder strap of the pack. I will try to remember to post a picture tomorrow as it’s hard to explain. One strap will be adjusted longer than the other so my bow riser is right under my armpit. You can easily adjust them to equal lengths and then transfer the bow to your front hanging across your sternum area.

JjamesIII

WKR
Look them up, the owner posted some set up videos. Like I said, they are lightweight and simple, which adds to their versatility. I should get a sales commission for how many I’ve sold to friends- they all have really found them to be great.

I just use a J shaped peace of metal that is covered in cloth. it's attached to pack belt. Not sure the name. Cost about $12

Jbxl20

WKR
Montana bow sling
Or jakt sling a ling. I have both and but plan on using the Montana bow sling again for CO

Play around with it to see what’s comfortable. I use mystery ranch packs and thread the webbing directly to the webbing located on the shoulder strap of the pack. I will try to remember to post a picture tomorrow as it’s hard to explain. One strap will be adjusted longer than the other so my bow riser is right under my armpit. You can easily adjust them to equal lengths and then transfer the bow to your front hanging across your sternum area.

Would like to see a picture.

Are you using the quick release by itself on both the top and bottom of the bow, or are you attaching it to the bow sling clips?

Meaning- do I buy the bow sling and 2 of the quick release lower portion only straps or just the 2 quick release straps and use them by themselves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Carrying your bow sucks after a few hours.
I've never experienced this, even when I hunt 20+ days some elk seasons, and my bow is a 38" ATA heavy beheameth compared to most the bows out there these days. The funny thing is, when I don't have a tag and I'm out calling for someone else......I always feel kind of half naked without my bow in my hand. Just doesn't feel natural to be elk hunting and not have it in my hand. It's also easy to glass and call (but not at the same time) with it in your hand. Use your top cam to steady your bino's. I tried a sling one year, didn't like it.

Tpmahler1

FNG
Used the Montana Bow Sling the last couple of seasons, this year I’m trying the Bow Hitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How did you like the bow hitch? I’m between the Montana now doing and the bow hitch. Would love to hear which you like better and why. Thanks!

Another vote for the third hand archery hip clip.

I run it off my bino harness. It's out of the way of my legs, silent, no dangling straps, and there was zero learning curve or practice needed.

Shosky

FNG
Bow Hitch.

Google it. Super simple, no need to remove the sight for installation, and lets you rest bow hands-free in a natural position that lends itself to easy/quick aiming of the bow. Highly recommended after using it on several western and backcountry hunts.

Dennis

WKR
I used a Mathews bow sling on a Mathews bow and now on an Elite. I like shooting with the sling on, however in the mountain west the wind caused the sling to flap around sometimes going across my sights. My solution was to mount a small metal clip (as seen in photo) behind my bow sight that the sling slides behind. It has been quick and easy, quiet and works great when stalking on stand etc.
IMG_4551.jpeg