Bowflex Dumbbells

Gutshotem

WKR
If you don't need new ones I'd watch craigslist or fb for them. They sold like hotcakes when the gyms were closed for the China virus and now they're popping up for cheap.

Have had mine a while. Craigslist. 1/2 of retail. They will occasionally drop a weight. Be mindful and don’t expect to be able to sling them around too much.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Have had mine a while. Craigslist. 1/2 of retail. They will occasionally drop a weight. Be mindful and don’t expect to be able to sling them around too much.
Sounds like a good way to lose a toe.

Are they awkward at all?

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I bought mine new, couldn't be happier. Was skeptical at first, but they are solid.

Duckman23

FNG
Look for power blocks as well. FB marketplace and CL they are all over. I have them and they are awesome

Sounds like a good way to lose a toe.

Are they awkward at all?

Overall very pleased with mine. They go from 5 to 52.5 # pretty easily and they are a bargain. A comparable set of hex bells would be +$1000. design is plenty good for curls, presses, etc. However the selectors rotate on the end and you can hit them on your thigh or whatever enough for them to drop a weight. so, I don’t like them for more dynamic stuff and I don’t like them to hit the ground like for instance doing a hiits style work out with dumbbell snatches Where they are getting sling around. I have a pretty good selection of kettlebells for that stuff.

apart from the caution above, mine are starting to have some of the weights split apart after 10 years of semi regular use. The weights are metal sandwiched between plastic and a couple are splitting at the seams. I plan to try and glue them or you can buy replacements From bowflex.

again, overall, I am a fan of the function and think they are a good value for the price.

the bench is pretty good two. I think I bought mine from a guy for $250 with the bench.

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Powerblocks and really like them. They seem more "fail proof" than the Bowflex models. The square shape takes a little getting used to, but they are solid. I use mine for some dynamic lifts and I have no concerns about getting hurt from a falling weight. I got a great deal on mine with a stand from FB Marketplace as mentioned above.

Duckman23

FNG
I have the Powerblocks and really like them. They seem more "fail proof" than the Bowflex models. The square shape takes a little getting used to, but they are solid. I use mine for some dynamic lifts and I have no concerns about getting hurt from a falling weight. I got a great deal on mine with a stand from FB Marketplace as mentioned above.
I have the 5-25.5 and the 10-50’s and agree the form factor takes some getting used to, but overall they are simply awesome.

Climber

FNG
Powerblocks for the win. I looked at every design out there and tried a few but the powerblocks win out on every metric. Solid, bombproof and no worries about them dropping a stack. Plus, you can add weight all the way up to 90lbs each when you get all swole from lifting.

They are pricey, but if you want the best, check out Ironmasters.

I've had a set of the 75s with stand for about 9 years now. They get used 4-5x a week most of the year. Zero issues. I did a ton of research before I bought them, and couldn't be more pleased.