Brass choices...ABM vs Nosler vs Norma vs Hornady for 300 win mag

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Any preferences? Have a little of everything and a lot of hornady brass sitting around. Wondering which is better to use for the big boom stick?

Elkhntr08

WKR
Had more issues in the past with Hornady brass.
If you’re not picky, it’s not too bad. I’ve moved on to Nosler and have zero complaints.
Used Norma/ Weatherby brass, also no issues. Never used ABM, so can’t speak on that.
IMO, I’ll stick with Nosler brass for my hunting loads.

FishfinderAK

Lil-Rokslider
Gunwerks brass has been awesome in my 300wm.

8 firings so far.

I did have to reduce the charge 0.5 grns, from other brass, though. ...thicker case slightly less capacity?

OP
F

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
Gunwerks brass has been awesome in my 300wm.

8 firings so far.

I did have to reduce the charge 0.5 grns, from other brass, though. ...thicker case slightly less capacity?

What’s the headstamp on gunwerks brass look like?

I've had pretty good luck with Remington and Winchester brass but I have to say I just attempted to load up 100 rounds of 6mm Remington using Winchester brass. 18 out of 100, yes 18 were defective to the point that I could not use them. It looked like there was not enough brass in the mold and there were defects right in the area of the neck and shoulder junction. Winchester sent me $25.00 after I mailed them the brass but I think they should have been right in the first place and I should not have had to do this! I've had good luck so far with Nosler brass in my 280AI and I'm going to try some Hornady brass in my 6mm Remington.

Peterson Rifle brass:
I just bought 100 rounds of Peterson brass for my 280AI. I have not shot or loaded it yet, but it sure looks like exceptional brass. I cannot wait to try it out. In looking at the Peterson brass it just exudes quality!

1603646906130.png