Breathable, thorn-resistant pants?

With Black Friday upon us I wanted to see if I could get info on breathable, thorn-resistant pant options.

I've had my eyes on the Kuiu Kutanas and Pro Brush for a while but neither on sale for Black Friday. I'm not exactly a Kuiu fanboy either so I wanted to see what else is out there. I usually get cuts from starthistle up to my thigh and I have a bad reaction to them so I'd rather be hot than deal with that for several days after.

The Fjallraven Vidda Pro Vent seems like another good option but I can't find much about how reliable its thorn resistance is.

FirstLite has an option but people complain about the sizing and I don't have a way to try it near me.

Any other options I'm missing?

Spoonbill

WKR
With Black Friday upon us I wanted to see if I could get info on breathable, thorn-resistant pant options.

I've had my eyes on the Kuiu Kutanas and Pro Brush for a while but neither on sale for Black Friday. I'm not exactly a Kuiu fanboy either so I wanted to see what else is out there. I usually get cuts from starthistle up to my thigh and I have a bad reaction to them so I'd rather be hot than deal with that for several days after.

The Fjallraven Vidda Pro Vent seems like another good option but I can't find much about how reliable its thorn resistance is.

FirstLite has an option but people complain about the sizing and I don't have a way to try it near me.

Any other options I'm missing?
The first lite brush pants do a pretty good job and have been happy with my pair. I ordered my regular size and they fit fine.

OP
H
The first lite brush pants do a pretty good job and have been happy with my pair. I ordered my regular size and they fit fine.
Ah is that their only pick-resistant pant? As far as I can tell that one is unvented.

Spoonbill

WKR
Ah is that their only pick-resistant pant? As far as I can tell that one is unvented.
As far as I know, I am sitting pretty good on gear so I haven’t looked at their newest stuff. I’ve used the prana zions too, not as thorn resistant but they breathe pretty well.
The first lite brush pants aren’t very warm so they may work depending on the temps you use them in.

Not sure breathable and thorn resistant go together. Here in South Texas brush Carhartt with the pockets on the legs or Duluth fire hose pants have worked pretty good.

Have both, First lite sawbuck are decent for thorns and not too hot, Fjallraven Vidda pro ventilated are not very thorn resistant. First lites are long but that’s part of the design

OP
H
Not sure breathable and thorn resistant go together. Here in South Texas brush Carhartt with the pockets on the legs or Duluth fire hose pants have worked pretty good.
I was thinking of getting something thick but ventilated. I was considering chaps for a while but decided I wanted something easier to move uphill in.
Have both, First lite sawbuck are decent for thorns and not too hot, Fjallraven Vidda pro ventilated are not very thorn resistant. First lites are long but that’s part of the design
Thanks for that, First Lites might be good enough for me.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the Scheels branded endeavor pants for hunting this year. Everywhere we hunt is loaded with thorns and raspberry bushes. I am loving these pants. They have protected my legs from everything so far. They have a built in gaiter and hip vents too. They also have a unique waist system that really shined after than

mjspeers

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Kuiu brush pro. I’m not a fan boy of them either, actually more of Sitka. But these pants are great, light for what they are and a lot of venting.

OP
H
I just got the Scheels branded endeavor pants for hunting this year. Everywhere we hunt is loaded with thorns and raspberry bushes. I am loving these pants. They have protected my legs from everything so far. They have a built in gaiter and hip vents too. They also have a unique waist system that really shined after than

That seems worth looking into. Sometimes I see some great Scheel's stuff and wished I had one near me.

I have the Kuiu brush pro. I’m not a fan boy of them either, actually more of Sitka. But these pants are great, light for what they are and a lot of venting.

Yeah I'm contemplating just splurging for them because they have such good reviews. I really want a year-round pant, and the First Lite seems like they'd be hard to like when it's 90+. The only other option I've seen is the Thlete Zodiac which I can't find too much info on, but it's made out of the same material as the Brush Pros.

the first lite pants are great for brush beating . they're breathable too. don't get the tall option unless you're NBA average height.

TBarron

WKR
I have both the first lite and the kuiu brush pants and the first lite are a lot more a legit brush pant. The kuiu ones are too thin and even though they won’t tear you still have cactus thorns poke through. The multiple vents on the kuiu pants are pretty incredible and probably make for the perfect hot weather pant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for Duluth Firehose. Shin-dagger and agave resistant and bomb proof too (useful on military bases).

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Of The kuiu pants you mention the brush pant might work the others will not stop a black berry sticker they are good for hot weather and they are are pretty tuff but when I use them anything with a thorn or pointy thing will get your legs.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Forloh:

Men's AllClima Stretch Woven Pant​

I can vouch for these I have a pair and they work better then the kuiu for pointy things