Bug net bivy

stephen b

WKR
I would suggest having TiGoat to make a bug bivy ( bug bivy on their site is based on the Ptarmigan model) based on the Raven model- with same size and zipper configuration. It should fit most big pads and is easy to get in and out of. Weighs 5.7 oz.

I recently got one because a fella on a forum was selling a gently used ( or not used as I can tell) for a great price. I didn't know they made a bug bivy like that. I have a regular Raven model, but can see myself using the bug model more often.

I also have heard that Borah makes nice bivy's, but have no experience with them.

dotman

WKR
I can fit my long/wide xlite in my ti goat bug bivy but the zipper access sucks, gonna get a side zipper access sewn into it.

gmajor

WKR
I've got a borah bug bivy that saved my hide in the trinity alps in June.

dotman

WKR
.....hmm. Thanks. I have the tigoat bug bivy but it is super tight with my long wide q core sl....the top zip or whatever it's called does suck.

Sent mine off to Bearpaw this past week, I'll let you know if it is improved with the side zip but I have a feeling I'll like it now. I thought the q core and the xlite had similar dimensions?

OP
Backpack Hunter
Yea you got me thinking. I'm practically jammed into the bivy with the q core sl in the foot box, but I'm a little taller so maybe that is the issue?
I think the side zip makes a lot more sense. Let me know how it goes.

huntnelk

FNG
I have the borah bivy side zip with the bug netting. It's a wide/tall and I used the BA air core in it last weekend and had plenty of room. Never felt "trapped"
I am 6'4" 245lbs there's actually quite a bit of room.

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
borah side zip, bug window. reg, wide. with BA slq core, marmot helium, plenty of room. 70", 170#'s.

borah's are light weight, inexpensive, and they'll customize to you needs.