Building a home shop

Recluse

FNG
I picked up an OMP Microtune bow vise, OMP bow square and string level.

i have an Green Ez press on order

Do I need anything else ? I’m planning on buying my arrows pre-cut with fletching, so I won’t need arrow hardware

-Do I need an arrow level in addition to a bow square?

CNC and Manual Lathes and milling machines, at least a two post lift, 30 CFM minimum compressor, Tig and Mig welders, engine hoist, couple of large rolling tool boxes, maybe a three phase converter depending on power availabilityTooling for all of the above, and a metric shitpile of hand and power tools...

That should be the start of a decent shop...

Oh yeah, make sure you have heat and AC, and water.

Last edited:

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
If your going to start tuning your crazy to not build your own arrows to. The investment really isn't that steep and the ability it gives you to match your arrows to your bow tune is worth every penny. To me those too things go hand in hand

def90

WKR
Yeah, if you are going to the extent of getting your own bow setup tools I don't know why you wouldn't be building your own arrows. Building your own arrows might have more potential for improvement than being able to tune the bow the one time after you get it.

Granted, this advice is coming from someone that is too busy with work and other things in life to also think about trying to do something myself that I know I can pay someone with way more experience than myself to perform. :D

Badseed

WKR
Basic equipment for tuning and setting up your archery gear

Necessities:
Bow vise
Bow press
Draw board
Draw weight scale
D loop pliers
Hex keys
Small bubble level
Tape measure
Serving thread
D loop material
Fletching jig
Fletchings
Bow wax
Miscellaneous small tools- lighter, razor blades, scissors, tape, etc.

Optional:
T square
Paper tuning stand
Arrow saw
Micrometer if not using micro adjust sights and rest
Spine index jig

As you start working on your equipment you will find what works best for you and your comfort level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk