Bullet drop variation

TxxAgg

WKR
I think the numbers are close enough that shooting variability and field conditions could account for the small differences. How many rounds were the group sizes?

I'm gona sit back and wait for more knowledgable folks to chime in.

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
I
That’s for sure! A 4” gong is pretty small at that distance.
It is positively tiny even at 12X at 500 yards. Not that I hit the 6" every time, but much more consistent with that gong. You wouldn`t think 2 measly inches would make that much difference, but it does apparently.

OP
KsRancher

KsRancher

WKR
3 shots. And yes, yes I know that 3 isn't considered a "group"

based on shots per group and group size, it looks pretty reasonable to me up to 500.

Macintosh

WKR
Yes, but…even ONE 10-shot group to get a better sense of the guns actual extreme spread and fine-tune the zero, and you could say whether the 3-shot groups that are “close but dont quite line up” with the predicted dope are within the guns cone for the predicted impact. It would most likely have answered the question.

seand

Lil-Rokslider
The problem with 3 shots there isn’t enough data to really know where the center of the “group” is, meaning your recorded “drops” probably aren’t very accurate. If this wasn’t the case you could go and re-shoot the same test and the data will match. My hunch is it won’t, the “drops” will be different again.

Shortcut - just shoot 10 at 100 and 10 at 600, true velocity.