Burn Times in Titanium pack stove??

I have a difficult mission keeping my fiancé warm on hunting adventures.. Anyway tried a small U-Turn Seek Outside stove with Megatarp this year, because Kifarus new stove wouldn't have made it in time for archery. I was only getting burn times of 2 hours in my stove, and she was up all night putting more wood in haha. Is anybody getting better burn times in their stoves or is this typical?

Madnik

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a SO Medium box stove and get between .5 to 1.5 hour burn times. MMV and depends on a variety of factors, but from what I understand from various forums discussing ti stoves, that's typical, at least of the box stove designs. So, I'd have to say that 2 hours seems pretty good.

Last edited:
I haven't got anything near 2 hrs out of my 12" cylinder stove. 30 minutes more like. Spruce is pretty much the only option for dry wood most places up here, and that's not great for long burning times... but I'd still say if you get 2 hrs, you are doing very very well.

I've never considered it an "all night" type of stove. I just don't think that's what they were made for.

Yk

Ray

WKR
Consider that these stoves have small volumes. They can not hold enough wood to burn for more than an hour or two. And they are not air tight enough to damp down to a slow burn.

If she is that cold she needs a better bag and an improved diet.