Burris Optics Overall Impressions/Reliability

I’m so impressed with the new Burris Veracity PH 3-15x44, I’m buying another one. So far, tracking has been reliable dialed out to 1K and return to zero. The ED glass is nice as well.

What are yalls impressions of Burris optics if you’ve used them? I see they are made in Philippines.

IMG_9912.jpeg

gerry35

WKR
Most of my experience has been with the Fullfield II line that were made in the U.S. and Philippines with no complaints. I have a Chinese made 3-15x44 Signature HD and a 2.5-10x42 FF IV, we'll see how those hold up compared to the others.

weaver

WKR
They have pretty good glass and I have a fullfield 3x9 on a .223 that I don’t shoot much but scope seems ok.
That said last Saturday I installed another 3x9 fullfield on a tikka 17hmr and stood it up against my work bench. Rifle fell and landed on wood floor. Must have landed on the scope because the objective bell was almost completely severed from the scope tube and I could have easily twisted it off. Still undecided if it was defective or if they’re just that poorly built.
Customer service has been great and theres a new one on the way now so that’s good but there’s no way I’d trust one on a big game hunting rifle.

OP
General RE LEE
Why not max out that ring spacing?.....

Left room for my bubble level in front of front ring. Scope has an internal level on the HUD display but I like a level externally so I can shoot it with the HUD powered off.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
I have an original 20+ year old Fullfield on a muzzleloader, two 4.5-14 Fullfield E1‘s with MOA reticles on a Ruger 10/22 and a Ruger .280, an older American made Signature 3-9 with posi lock on a .257 Ackley Improved and another US made Signature 3-9 on a .223. They have all held up extremely well. I’ve always found Burris scopes to punch above their weight in optical quality and ruggedness. I've never had one crap the bed even when a couple of the above scopes have been on heavy thumpers. Overall, I find them to be a really good value, especially the Fullfield lineup. They are the most numerous brand I own.

Kid that works summers for me filled his damage doe antelope tag Sunday. Burris XTR III on a Bergara creed at 952 yards. He could use an extended rail to eak out more ring spacing tho. No bubba levels needed.....

IMG_3146.jpeg

gerry35

WKR
They have pretty good glass and I have a fullfield 3x9 on a .223 that I don’t shoot much but scope seems ok.
That said last Saturday I installed another 3x9 fullfield on a tikka 17hmr and stood it up against my work bench. Rifle fell and landed on wood floor. Must have landed on the scope because the objective bell was almost completely severed from the scope tube and I could have easily twisted it off. Still undecided if it was defective or if they’re just that poorly built.
Customer service has been great and theres a new one on the way now so that’s good but there’s no way I’d trust one on a big game hunting rifle.
Not sure if yours was defective or it just hit it in the perfect place. My young cousin had his rifle strapped to his pack and put it down hard on a snowy trail last fall. The pack rolled down the steep hill for about 20 feet before stopping. His bolt handle was bent and the scope looked a bit bent too. Hit about 1.5 inches high and right so we adjusted it. Scope is a FF II 3-9x40, thought it handled that torture test pretty good actually.

OP
General RE LEE
Haha.... Bubba level could go behind the moved forward front ring. What's the excuse for the rear ring?

but, you go.....

Heck man I don’t know. Just slapped in on there. 308 not a 300 RUM. I’m sure it will be fine.

OP
General RE LEE
It's obvious it was just slapped on. You are right, tho. It'll be just fine, because I'm sure it'll never have a chance to take a lick or be hunted.

Man these scopes must be super fragile according to you.

Show me some damaged scopes mounted on short action cartridges cause the rings weren’t spread as far apart as possible. I’ll wait.

bwahahahaha..... The rear ring cracks me the heck up. The consistency of the cluelessness knows no bounds. You ever hear of a guy on here called Form? Don't lissen to me, but I urge you to read his little tutorial on scope mounting to maintain zero. Of particular note is the quotation "6) The farther apart the rings are, the better support for the scope tube. Ring spacing is a thing."

Rock on!......

OP
General RE LEE
bwahahahaha..... The rear ring cracks me the heck up. The consistency of the cluelessness knows no bounds. You ever hear of a guy on here called Form? Don't lissen to me, but I urge you to read his little tutorial on scope mounting to maintain zero. Of particular note is the quotation "6) The farther apart the rings are, the better support for the scope tube. Ring spacing is a thing."

Rock on!......

Wow man, youre a real dick.