Burris Sig HD 3-15x44mm Q&A

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
See-

gerry35

WKR
So it shifted but went back to zero after the drops. Would you consider the Trijicon Credo 3-9x40 or the Huron series to be better scopes? Too early to tell yet? They are in a similar price range to the Signature HD.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
So it shifted but went back to zero after the drops. Would you consider the Trijicon Credo 3-9x40 or the Huron series to be better scopes?

Yes and yes. Well, I don’t know about the Huron as I haven’t seen one.

This Burris was odd- basically every drop shifted POI outside the rifles cone, but it came back. Still, while not a complete failure, it is relatively fragile, and it has more error in adjustment than any scope I’ve seen in years.

I'm a dumb guy because I don't understand what it means that zero shifted and then returned to zero. You said, "Drops caused shifts, but after drops the scope was still zeroed." Can you explain a little more what you mean by that? If the drops caused shifts, then how was it still zeroed? Thanks.

BjornF16

WKR
I'm a dumb guy because I don't understand what it means that zero shifted and then returned to zero. You said, "Drops caused shifts, but after drops the scope was still zeroed." Can you explain a little more what you mean by that? If the drops caused shifts, then how was it still zeroed? Thanks.
The zero shifted with the drops...a shift was obvious with the 9x36" drops (a single shot well outside the 1.5" target). Without adjusting the scope, he went to verify another 4 shots on another target. Those shots were all on the 1.5" target. The scope "reset" itself with the single shot after the 9x 36" drops.

The zero shifted with the drops...a shift was obvious with the 9x36" drops (a single shot well outside the 1.5" target). Without adjusting the scope, he went to verify another 4 shots on another target. Those shots were all on the 1.5" target. The scope "reset" itself with the single shot after the 9x 36" drops.
Thanks, that's what I guessed it meant but I wasn't sure. That's pretty interesting.

grfox92

WKR
So if I'm out hunting and drop my gun, just fire one off into the dirt and I'm re-zeroed, right?***

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk