Buy my own land

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
Alright cool. I am aware of both of those sites, just didnt know what others were using for finding land.
If it's a listed property, any real estate website will have it. If you are serious, contact a local agent in the area, they may be aware of owners who are considering selling.

roymunson

WKR
Contacting a reputable local seller will go a long way. In my area you have to know about it before it hits the market to have any shot at it. He will probably have to overpay for the first piece, but then make good friends with the neighbor so you have a crack at their piece before it hits the market

I have multiple running MLS searches from a realtor so any time a listing meeting my criteria pops up i get notification emails. You might be able to pay for access to the MLS? Otherwise working with a realtor who can set up searches for you is a lot better than occasionally searching landwatch or whitetail properties. Most good properties priced right are going to have offers in 1 or 2 days after listing and usually it's multiple. If you're going to buy a listed property you want to know the minute a property gets listed.

I listened to podcasts that convinced me to work with a realtor that specializes in Land like whitetail properties thinking i might get intel earlier on properties. It didn't work out that way. I had to have my friend who's a realtor write the offer for my current land (which i found) because the whitetail properties guy had other commitments. I don't doubt that it can work out that way but my guess is it probably works better for people buying the big $ properties or who have already done a number of transactions with the realtor. Not your typical guy looking for an affordable 20-120 acres.

Last edited: