CA fatal lion attack

IDVortex

WKR
I'm actually amazed there aren't more attacks with how strict or non existent cat hunting is on the west coast.

IDVortex

WKR
They need to start relocating problem animals to the streets of San Franciso and LA. You could get rid of the problem animals and the homeless people at the same time.
Nah, the front yard of the Whitehouse. Or the senate room, or congressional room. Could fix a lot of issues then.

When I was young I heard a deer get got by a lion less than 100y from the house at night. The sounds were eye-opening and went on for long minutes. i can’t imagine the toll that took on the kid who survived watching his brother get killed.

IDVortex

WKR
That would be grossly negligent, unless the suspected animal was actively attacking the victim. I would assume LEO assessed the situation and figured dispatching the cat away from the victim was a better/more responsible thing to do.
It's easier to jump to conclusions, or think that if you were in that situation you'd try to be a hero.

999delta

FNG
I'm around 50 miles south of there. I see mountain lions on trail cams every month. Here's some about 40 yards from my front door. Around here if you see deer in your yard, you have cats at night.

Attachments

• MFDC0175.JPG
    MFDC0175.JPG
    483.6 KB · Views: 124
  • MFDC0022.JPG
    MFDC0022.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 120
  • MFDC0209.JPG
    MFDC0209.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 122

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
CDFW euthanized ( shot ?) the cat last night. I’m sure the LEOs who hazed the cat away did not know the victim was dead, and were just being careful.

I wonder why "they" become so enlightened? One of the few things CA responds to is public pressure and even then they regularly snub their noses to common sense and good judgment.

Eddie

thegrouse

Lil-Rokslider
Prayers sent for the victims. That is horrible. When this happened in 1994 the cubs of the surviving mountain lion that killed the jogger Barbara had more donated to them then the children of the victim. Rush Limbaugh got involved and his audience took care of the family.

t_carlson

WKR
I guess I'm the odd man out here.

40 million people in a state and there is bound to be some wild animal attacks. I don't like California or Californians, in any way, shape or form. They are aggressively anti-hunting and anti-constitution. Commies, all up and down. If Russia nuked the entire state, the biggest tragedy would be the destruction of the Kuiu showroom. That is how low my opinion of California is.

THAT SAID, we have lion attacks here in Montana, too. Not sure you can actually say that the government is responsible for this one.

Wild animals live outside, and that's a risk you run. Frankly, I wish lions would eat more Californians. ALOT more.

40 million people in a state and there is bound to be some wild animal attacks. I don't like California or Californians, in any way, shape or form. They are aggressively anti-hunting and anti-constitution. Commies, all up and down. If Russia nuked the entire state, the biggest tragedy would be the destruction of the Kuiu showroom. That is how low my opinion of California is.

THAT SAID, we have lion attacks here in Montana, too. Not sure you can actually say that the government is responsible for this one.

Wild animals live outside, and that's a risk you run. Frankly, I wish lions would eat more Californians. ALOT more.
Drive 10 miles east of the beach and most Californians vote and act very red. These young guys were out shed hunting and likely hunters, we could use more like them in that state.

You’re not alone.
I live smack dab in the middle of lion country.
I cut two sets of lion tracks today, one small and one large.

If I was killed today by either cat, all the same SSS comments would be said after reading the headlines.

But in my mind, if I was killed today by either cat, well… I was hiking around in known apex predator home territory, wtf would you expect?

Attachments

• IMG_6317.jpeg
    IMG_6317.jpeg
    206.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6318.jpeg
    IMG_6318.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_6319.jpeg
    IMG_6319.jpeg
    248.8 KB · Views: 51

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
If Russia nuked the entire state, the biggest tragedy would be the destruction of the Kuiu showroom.

Frankly, I wish lions would eat more Californians. ALOT more.

One young man (not that it should matter but he’s a hunter and country boy) is dead, another had to watch his brother die the most horrific way imaginable and is also in the hospital. A mother and a father lost their child in a manner unimaginable. And here you are with these comments. Loss of words bro, just sad really.

JFK

WKR

Glad you wrote this so I know it’s not just us Californians who are morally bankrupt. You should move here. You’d fit right in.

MattB

WKR
One young man (not that it should matter but he’s a hunter and country boy) is dead, another had to watch his brother die the most horrific way imaginable and is also in the hospital. A mother and a father lost their child in a manner unimaginable. And here you are with these comments. Loss of words bro, just sad really.
Agreed. It is sad to see how badly our society has degraded.