Sold Cabelas 8p Alaskan guide tent - Local deal only SW MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I know the odds of a local deal are slim, but let’s give it a go.

Cabelas 8 person / 4 season Alaskan Guide tent with accessory floor. (one floor toggle loop ripped, but doesn’t effect performance. Easy repair.)

I bought it new in 2020 for deer camp and spent 5 nights in it. Slept 2 guys with XL cots and gear with plenty of room to spare.

Cabelas has been using this design for something like 30 years and it is rock solid. one day was blowing 50mph gusts that nearly took me off my feet and the tent didn’t budge. the vestibule is also super roomy. we used to to store boots, camp chairs, etc. and still cook when the weather was bad. The tent is vented extremely well so condensation isn’t an issue. that also means there is no option for adding heat, which is why I’m considering selling.

I’m looking for a local-ish deal around Kalamazoo Michigan. I think the tent weighs 30-40lbs so I’d rather just keep it than eat the shipping costs.

$4009C1C10E0-DE79-4495-B013-0F68C75E9976.jpeg

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
These are great tents, nearly bomb proof.
had my daughter in one with friends on a school trip to big bend NP. At night the area is known to get some significant wind thru the canyon. One night was high enough to rip apart other tents and break poles in nearly every tent on the “girls side”. All the dads were wondering who’s tent was standing firm and solid the whole time, the only tent not ripped to shreds....it was this tent and i didnt even have it guyed out. I had it guyed out the next night for them, and had the envy of every dad as i slept both nights while they were out putting pieces back together for their daughters broken up tents.
As an aside, i was sleeping in a small eureka tent i had set into the brush pretty well protected, since i had been them twice before with prior kids and knew what to expect...be smart if you cant be bomb proof.

OP
Fish_monger

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
just bought a canvas tent so this is still for sale!

I’ll be driving from Chicago to Boise next month through WI-MN-ND-MT as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.