Cabelas Alaknak tent discontinued.....

I just noticed that cabelas no long has the alaknak tent on their website. Anyone know if they are comming out with a new tent?

Yeah I was going to pick up a 12x12 for a basecamp this year. Decided to jump on a Seek 8 man out of the classifieds instead.

the 8 man isn’t quite as roomy as the 12x12, but it can be packed in with a 3-4 man group when necessary.

RileyMT

FNG
Saw the same thing and asked customer service about it. They said they pulled all this years models for a manufacturing defect. Rather than deal with fixes and returns, they aggressively pulled all the stock and took off the listings on the website also. CS said it will be coming back after they work with the manufacturer to fix the issue.

Saw the same thing and asked customer service about it. They said they pulled all this years models for a manufacturing defect. Rather than deal with fixes and returns, they aggressively pulled all the stock and took off the listings on the website also. CS said it will be coming back after they work with the manufacturer to fix the issue.
They meant change the manufacturer to make it cheaper.... I have a Cabelas 10 miles from my house and since bass pro took over, it's not worth the gas money to go there.

Stalker69

WKR
I had one, used once. They need to take the windows out of being on the roof, and make make the stove jack flap roll up ( normal) rather then down ( letting the rain run in.) I returned mine after the first use and got the Montana canvas lodge.

cullenz

Lil-Rokslider
I really hope they fix it, these used to be great tents. I've used the older versions a lot and in some pretty nasty weather. This year my Dad and I both bought new ones, and had both of them failed when we got a snow storm that barely left an inch of snow. Both came apart at the seams at the peak and sides.

I had one, used once. They need to take the windows out of being on the roof, and make make the stove jack flap roll up ( normal) rather then down ( letting the rain run in.) I returned mine after the first use and got the Montana canvas lodge.
I run bigger pipe in mine so it fits snug. No water gets in

Stalker69

WKR
It’s not when the flue is being used, it’s when you don’t need a stove, so no pipe in the hole. The flap rolls down so I won’t unroll and melt when stove pipe is used. But when no stove pipe is in the hole, water runs down the roof and right down the hole. Poor design in my opinion.

MThuntr

WKR
FWIW I too contacted Cabelas after wanting to purchase the 8man Instinct (dome tent with stove jack) after wanting more room but still being "mobile". They told me it was a QC issue at the factory and they pulled the full line of cabelas tents made by that factory. I noticed the other day that the 4 and 6 man versions are back online. Not sure if the 8 man version will return and if it'll have a stove jack.

Also FWIW a friend of a friend in Idaho Falls has had 3 Alaknaks fail in relatively normal conditions in his backyard. I suggested it was user error but Cabelas stopped offering him returns and gave him is $ back.

Jo83ben

FNG
I would check at sportsmans! they might have.......ohhhhh wait. Nevermind, go to sportsmans for more redhead gear and camo bath robes.

cabelas brand gear was always quality I could count on, I would buy there brand first if I could and going to Cabelas was always a fun side trip when I traveled as I didn’t have one near me. Now they are full of cheap redhead stuff, I don’t even shop or stop there anymore. Sad to hear Sportsman has sold out as well.

dalth22

FNG
Not familiar with this tent, but there is someone selling one locally for $600. Is this a good buy?