Cabela’s Euro HD question

Dreed4

FNG
So I know this spotter is said to be the same as the Meopta S2. Is that really true, or does the Cabela’s brand use the same glass, but cheaper components? Does anyone have any insight?

Also trying to decide between the Meopta S2 and Kowa 773, just like everyone else in this forum! Haha

Thanks

Forest

WKR
Only difference is the eyepiece isn't removable on the euro. You only get the 20-70x. Its a great spotter, really loving it over my vortex.
That said, kowa makes great glass also

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

AGPank

WKR
Just like mentioned the eyepiece isn’t removable. I love mine. I don’t notice any difference between it and my dads Meostar.

Sometime CameralandNY has deals on the S2. Sometimes Cabelas runs 20-30% discounts. Meopta has military/LEO discounts I hear.

I only played around with one Kowa 663/4. Glass was good, but build quality felt like camera equipment, not hunting grade. I bought it used for my mom. The prism got knocked loose during shipment. Kowa charged $250 for the repair, despite no damage to box or unit. USPS paid the insurance repair.
Maybe the higher end models are different, but I don’t care to ever find out.

Meopta stuff feels like military grade equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGPank

WKR
They used to make a neoprene one, I have it. First one a strap on the lens cover portion tore. Cabelas replaced it and I haven’t had a problem since.

It’s so well armored, it’s likely overkill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forest

WKR
Does Cabela’s make a protective cover for the Euro?
Mine has a nightforce branded cover. It is very heavy duty and highly recommend it. Eyepiece end uses a zipper and the objective end has an elastic strap on top and bottom that keeps its snug.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk