Cabelas Euro HD under BPS

I love Cabelas Euro HD (Meopta Meostar) glass - I have the big spotter and some 10x42s. Are they still the same quality Meostars they once were, same warranties, or have the been Bass-Pro-ed?

jt4

WKR
I’ve had both but they were the pre- locking diopter version. Glass is the same. Exterior coating is different. I preferred the meoptas coating but it wasn’t a big difference at all. I However, based on other’s experiences the BP “warranty” means almost nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
I have Meostar 8X42. Looked through the new ones after three days of hunting and honestly thought they looked different.

Matt G.

WKR
I had the cabelas non hd and now meostar hds. If they are hds i do not think they are worth the upgrade. When i called meopta two years ago they said they would cover warranty if there was manufacturing defect on the meopta cabelas brand stuff. Not sure where it stands now. I switch purely since bp is killing cabelas brand. You may want to wait till the meopta airs come out before you upgrade...

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Echo

FNG
I’m looking for new 10 x 42’s as well before next season. I’ve been doing a lot of research and for the 1000 price range these meoptas seem to receive the best reviews. I’ve come across some older cabels models on eBay for cheaper, but can’t tell if they’re HD. Does anyone know if all the cabelas euro models are hd, even the older ones?

I don’t live near a cabelas so haven’t had a chance to look through them - but I sure hope the new ones are the same quality as the older ones as I’m leaning in that direction.

OP
G
I’m looking for new 10 x 42’s as well before next season. I’ve been doing a lot of research and for the 1000 price range these meoptas seem to receive the best reviews. I’ve come across some older cabels models on eBay for cheaper, but can’t tell if they’re HD. Does anyone know if all the cabelas euro models are hd, even the older ones?

I don’t live near a cabelas so haven’t had a chance to look through them - but I sure hope the new ones are the same quality as the older ones as I’m leaning in that direction.
I have the previous gen before they gave them a facelift that look just like the Meostars now, and they are equivalent to the Meostar HD, as are I believe the current ones. I can't speak for older ones.

Echo

FNG
I have the previous gen before they gave them a facelift that look just like the Meostars now, and they are equivalent to the Meostar HD, as are I believe the current ones. I can't speak for older ones.
Thanks goathunter. If you don’t mind me asking, about what year range are yours from? Are they the brighter green than the new ones?

AGPank

WKR
The HD models will be marked on the exterior. I had the 8x32 because for awhile Meopta wasn’t offering HD in anything but 10x42.

They are supposed to be offering a new alpha in 2021 too. That being said if you can get a Meostar HD version for a great close out deal, I’d probably jump on it because upgrades will likely be minimal in my opinion (especially if I’m trying to keep a budget).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt G.

WKR
There is a definate difference in the non hd vs hd version. The non hd are still good but they have a warmer yellow color.

Echo

FNG
There is a definate difference in the non hd vs hd version. The non hd are still good but they have a warmer yellow color.

Thanks Matt. Good to know!

I’m looking for new 10 x 42’s as well before next season. I’ve been doing a lot of research and for the 1000 price range these meoptas seem to receive the best reviews. I’ve come across some older cabels models on eBay for cheaper, but can’t tell if they’re HD. Does anyone know if all the
cabelas euro models are hd, even the older ones?

I have the cabelas euro 10x42 they have the locking diopter are are hd. I believe hd refers to the fluorite glass used. I compared them to a lot of other binos including Ziess ht and swaro SLC (on tripods and hunting) and did not feel I was missing anything with the euros. Leica trinovids are also good but I liked the euro better.

Echo

FNG
I have the cabelas euro 10x42 they have the locking diopter are are hd. I believe hd refers to the fluorite glass used. I compared them to a lot of other binos including Ziess ht and swaro SLC (on tripods and hunting) and did not feel I was missing anything with the euros. Leica trinovids are also good but I liked the euro better.
This is great feedback, I think the 10 x 42s from cabelas will be my next binos unless I come across a better price on eBay/classifieds.

One thing I will give the SLC is resell values appear to be better. A lot of them going for around $1300 in classifieds.

Echo

FNG
One thing I will give the SLC is resell values appear to be better. A lot of them going for around $1300 in classifieds.
Yeah, Swaros have great resell value. My hope is to settle on a solid pair of 10x42’s for the long haul so I don’t need to worry about resell value.

I love Cabelas Euro HD (Meopta Meostar) glass - I have the big spotter and some 10x42s. Are they still the same quality Meostars they once were, same warranties, or have the been Bass-Pro-ed?

“Bass-Pro-ed”

Lol they’ve been Red Headed

Jo83ben

FNG
“Bass-Pro-ed”

Lol they’ve been Red Headed

Hahaha. Buuuuut cabelas is now a great place to shop for camo duvet covers and camo jammies with matching slippers! So there is that.

Used to love cabelas, now every time I go in there I leave empty handed and more slighted. Haha.

Bass pro shops if you’re reading this...you suck and you ruined a decent thing.