Caes Trimmers

ihookem

FNG
I used to have an RCBS , but it was a piece of junk.. My BIL showed me his Lee and it is so stupid easy . Hook it up to a drill stick the little back stop into the case and drill . The cases will be the same lengh inside .001" Takes about 10 seconds. You need a case length guide for each caliber. They are likely 10 bucks each.

TxLite

WKR
I had an rcbs pro or whatever and it sucked. Trim was non concentric and it would chew up the inside of the case neck

Now have a Henderson and don’t plan on going back. I can trim/chamfer/deburr 50 cases in about 4 minutes. It’s not cheap but I look at my time as part of the cost of reloading, and the Henderson saves me a ton of time

frankford arsenal platinum trimmer + 3 other power stations. previously had RCBS (manual and with their power unit) and LE Wilson, neither were adequate for the throughput I needed. The FA really isn't either, but my cases aren't growing very much anymore, so it's mostly just a chamfer/deburr every few loadings.

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
Always used an RCBS manual, but I just picked up a Lyman case trim express that looks super easy. However, I haven’t run any cases yet. My buddy who has that unit loves it so I’m optimistic. I also picked up the Lyman case prep center as well so I’m going from manual with everything to powered with everything.

Giraud for me. Henderson looks nice too. If not wanting to spend giraud or henderson $ i'd look at something that takes forster 3 in 1 heads (like the forster trimmer) so you can trim, chamfer, debur in one step.

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
Ditto on the Lee trimmer. Very easy and consistent and you don’t have to worry about adjusting it correctly. I’m pretty low volume as well but with the shell holder chucked in a drill I can do 50 cases pretty fast.

Henderson for me. Started out by hand, which sucked. Friend gave me an older Lee motor driven that was pretty nice, worked okay and way better than hand. Then got the henderson and wished I'd have spent that money long long before I did.
Do yourself a favor and buy the henderson or Giraud. Trim chamfer and debur in 1 move is a life saver

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Jr4

Lil-Rokslider
Depends on the amount of reloading you do, for me I went with Henderson ( after other hand units) and the amount of time I have saved is worth every penny

kjw

WKR
I e been using the frankford arsenal for a couple years. The one in the brass prep machine. There’s a little bit of a learning curve to set it but I’ve yet to have an issue. It’s built like a tank. It would be nice to see them make a 3 way trimmer like this.

Lawnboi

WKR
Giraud for me. Henderson wasn’t an option when I purchased.

If it’s not a 3 in 1 trimmer, I want nothing to do with it.

A hand crank trimmer is adequate if doing a few rounds here and there but the giraud saves me considerable time when it comes to reloading 100-300 rounds at a time

Stugotz

FNG
I have used a Frankford Arsenal Platinum trimmer for a number of years, and decided bite the bullet and invest in a Henderson. I use in on 5 different calibers I reload for. It makes short work of trimming brass. :cool:

WTNUT

Lil-Rokslider
I will jump in because I have not seen this yet, but I use an OLD Lyman. It is probably 35 years old. It is not a speed demon but it does a good job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
I'd love to have a Henderson but have money ear marked for too many things. I switched to the drill mounted Frankford about a year ago and love it.