California bear otc non res

Tyler moore

FNG
Classified Approved
I keep hearing that black bear population in California is exploding. Talked to a few California residents that all agree since hound hunting was outlawed, number are on the rise. Tags seem reasonably priced if the numbers are as good as I’ve heard. Any thoughts from cal residents or anyone who has experience chasing black bears in Cali. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rodéo

WKR
Bear numbers are doing great all over the Sierra's as well as the Northwestern portion of the state. Those are the only two areas (D3-5 and northern B zone) that I've personally seen bears so that's all I can speak to. But they are not hard to find if you know where to look. Good luck!

Zbot

WKR
What would the process be to hunt....buy and go hike the hills?

Rob5589

WKR
B zone has a few...

I used to hunt B6 about 20 years ago. If I didn't see at least 8-10 bears in a 5 day trip, something was wrong. I can only imagine the population now.

jfs82

WKR
Echoing what the others are saying. D3-5 and B zone have plenty of bears. FIshing D3-5 early this summer saw 7 in two days, buddy has 25 acres there as well (not remote), we have 2 cameras up, 6 different bears in a two week span.

Wait for the first snow in Nov north of Redding and you're gonna find BooBoo but you're also funding a corrupt Dept of Fish & Game. I live here and won't do it Now for that reason alone.

P1020135.jpg

amassi

WKR
It goes to the general fund anyway with the rest of your income property and luxury taxes way to stick it to the man

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Big Dunc

FNG
Anyone willing to share some jumping off points? I used to live there as a kid. Still have a place there that's been in the family since 1890's. I have to buy a license to shoot the hogs so I figured I might try for bears too (we don't have any on our place).

OP
T

Tyler moore

FNG
Classified Approved
Absolutely overrun
Please come do your part to help, bring friends

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I know this is the question you don’t ask
But.....what units zones etc? As an Idaho res I don’t have the time to do much scouting in California.

OP
T

Tyler moore

FNG
Classified Approved
B zone has a few...

I used to hunt B6 about 20 years ago. If I didn't see at least 8-10 bears in a 5 day trip, something was wrong. I can only imagine the population now.

Cool, thanks for the intel. I’ll definitely take any direction since I live in Idaho and scouting trips Aren’t realistic for me.

I know this is the question you don’t ask
But.....what units zones etc? As an Idaho res I don’t have the time to do much scouting in California.

Any of the B zones, and probably D3/4/5 have the highest densities. Coming from ID, I’d focus on the more northern B zones. Season runs until Dec 27th this year.

kickemall

WKR
The later it gets in the season the harder they get to find unless you land on a feed source that they are sitting on. Later they're putting on weight and not moving around looking nearly as much. Right now they're moving around a lot. Before you come make sure the place your looking to hunt is open because a bunch of it is closed due to fires. I suspect some of it will stay closed even after rains due to erosion concerns. Good luck and I hope you come down.

Funny thing is, the idea of going to CA to hunt just seems foreign! Might have to look into this as an option someday! Happy hunting! furfishngame

Going up to where we talked about today for a evening sit and ill hunt tomorrow. Its supposed to snow tonight up there so we will see. I'll let you know. Im not familiar with B zone but isn't it alot of private land?