California Elk hunt

Jusgunn3

Lil-Rokslider
Long shot here but has anyone hunted Roosevelt Elk in northern California? Got drawn this year and was looking for any advice. Private land hunt so sounds like a walk in the park but I am not sure. Thanks in advance!

Pro953

WKR
One of the Share tags I assume, cow or bull. I certainly would not assume because it’s private land that it’s a slam dunk.

Assuming it’s one of the Share hunts I think the landowner contact will be your best bet. The parcels for some of the Share hunts are not huge do they may just be passing though.

Any elk hunt in California is a special and rare opportunity. Enjoy it and please post afterwards to let us know how it went, successful or not. That is likely the closest most of us will get to ever hunting elk in California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jusgunn3

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies, it’s am antler-less SHARE hunt up near Eureka. Its not a very big parcel (120 acres I think). Hunt will be in late October early November.

kickemall

WKR
I live in that area and might be able to help if you could let me know who's ground. PM if you like.