call for a small person

the big Mao

Lil-Rokslider
does anyone have a thought about a cow call for a small person? My wife will go with me this season, and she's a small lady. I'm thinking of a Sceery cow call-the longer one, but what about a diaphragm. I haven't used one in quite a while, but it would be nice to have the capacity to bugle as well as do a cow call. In Washington most are limited to spikes, or "true spike" unless you pony up and are lucky enough to hit the "quality" draw. This is nuts! But calling in a big one would be exciting!

does anyone have a thought about a cow call for a small person? My wife will go with me this season, and she's a small lady. I'm thinking of a Sceery cow call-the longer one, but what about a diaphragm. I haven't used one in quite a while, but it would be nice to have the capacity to bugle as well as do a cow call. In Washington most are limited to spikes, or "true spike" unless you pony up and are lucky enough to hit the "quality" draw. This is nuts! But calling in a big one would be exciting!

Check out Reel Game Calls. I could be wrong in saying this but I'm guessing your wife doesn't have a bunch of elk calling experience? The Elk Reel is an easy to use beginner call and sounds great too. Beware, they are more expensive than your traditional call but I can assure you that your wife will be able to use it. You can bugle with it too but it takes some work. I did a review on this call on my blog if you are looking for a bit more info: Why I Purchased (And Exclusively Use) Elk Reel Game Calls – Transition Wild

Let me know if you have any questions. There is also a good review of it here on RokSlide: http://www.rokslide.com/forums/elk/51079-elk-reel-game-call-review.html

OP
T

the big Mao

Lil-Rokslider
thanks TW..I'll check them out. Too bad there's not a dealer in WA, so I'll have to order one from the source. Calls are fun to play with though, especially duck calls on a really slow, bluebird day!

There are several open reed cow calls on the market that are easy to use and create great sounds. As far as the diaphragm goes, you will want to find one that is built on a small frame. Several companies make them like Primos, Bugling Bull Game Calls and Phelps Game Calls. Just make sure they are on a small frame by looking for "Mini" in the title or the description will say small frame. Good luck!

I would also recommend a open reed call, very easy to learn , I personaly like the primos hyper lip and hyperlip2 very good elk calls in my opinion , one is alot raspier then the other , I find sometimes the raspier hyper lip 2 will bring them in when the single reed hyperlip isnt working.