Canada spring bear

I’m looking at booking a spring bear hunt in Saskatchewan or Alberta and not many dates available. Is June 10-15 a good time to go? I don’t know much about bears but worried it would be late and the hide could be in poor shape. Can push to another year if necessary. Curious on y’all’s thoughts, thanks!

gerry35

WKR
What areas in those provinces are you looking at? I'm in BC so it might be a bit different but there are lots of bears that have good hides well into June. The bear rut should be on too at that time which is a plus. Lets see what the guys there have to say.

OP
B
What areas in those provinces are you looking at? I'm in BC so it might be a bit different but there are lots of bears that have good hides well into June. The bear rut should be on too at that time which is a plus. Let’s see what the guys there have to say.
I’m looking at a place in southern Saskatchewan and another in central Alberta. Appreciate the insight, the outfitter said most of the large boars would still have good hides while the smaller bears may be roughed up by then. I like the sound of the rut being on.

gerry35

WKR
I’m looking at a place in southern Saskatchewan and another in central Alberta. Appreciate the insight, the outfitter said most of the large boars would still have good hides while the smaller bears may be roughed up by then. I like the sound of the rut being on.
I'm assuming you'll be over bait in those areas. From what I have seen here over the years your outfitter sounds right. The little guys rub first on average. Of course no guarantees on hide condition but your chances are good. Being too early is much worse if the spring is a late one as you won't see anything.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
nobody mentionned it to you but the latter in the season the worst for 2 things: fur rubbed and now something you ll have to take in consideration more: bugs ...