Canadian Moose Hunt

buckslayer85

Lil-Rokslider
Hi, my wife and I are looking at a moose combo hunt in Canada. Just wondering if someone can help me with this. I would love to get a nice on for the wall. Just wondering if anyone has some good outfitter recommends. Thanks

Benjaminwill80

Lil-Rokslider
Highly recommend Dustin Roe with Backcountry BC and Beyond. Absolutely best outfitter myself (limited experience) or my dad (highly experienced across the globe) have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. Shoot me a PM if you want to talk. We hunted goats with them and plan to go back for moose/caribou combo in a couple years. Saw some nice moose, caribou and sheep while there and also saw some of the season pics from our guides when they came out of the wilderness at the end of the season. Definitely some big moose in the area.

GotDraw?

WKR
I fully endorse Ceaser Lake Outfitters, Yukon Territory. I passed on fine bull on day 1 and on day 3 dropped a 61" bull at 40 yds with a double lung pass through. My buddy dropped a fine bull there earlier that morning, and has had such consistent success that he has hunted there 6 times and is going there again for a Dall Sheep hunt in 2020.

Joel Wilkinson, the concession owner/outfitter and all of his guides are professionals in every sense. Their remote lodges and cabins are fantastic and the food is top notch.

Ceaser Lake is Yukon Territory Hunting Concession #22, located in the southeast corner of the Yukon. The Ceaser Lake Concession is comprised of approximately 14,000 square miles (8.9 million acres) of total wilderness with no people living in it year round. Accessed by float plane, you will not see another hunter. There are very stable moose populations across the property and their hunter success rate is 90+%. It would probably be 100%, but some hunters pass on shooter bulls hoping for an even larger bull and some miss shots or fail to recover.

Here's a link: Ceaser Lake Outfitters

Drop me a PM for more info.

Best

JL

bradb

WKR
I hunted with Gundahoo a few years back and it was a great hunt with great people. Be sure to look into them as they are top notch

anything else let me know

OP
B

buckslayer85

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the suggestions. Any for more of a middle of the road moose hunt in terms of size and cost? I've been looking at both BC and Alberta.

Middle of the road for cost and size, hard to beat New Foundland with those two qualifiers... Plenty of moose as well.

GotDraw?

WKR
@Nick Muche is right on.

You will spend very serious money if you and your wife both want a combo hunt in BC or YT Canada. Tip the guides 10-20% for each hunter, commercial Airfare, fees for checked bags on across multiple airlines (brutal if you each try to bring back soft coolers of frozen meat), float plane cost for two, rental car at jaw dropping rates, taxidermy, trucking and airfreight costs to ship antlers/hide/meat, meat processing fees, fees to customs/shipping agent... just the ancillary costs of a Yukon hunt are impressive and often not considered until too late in the decision process.

Then add on the large base-line cost of that fully guided trophy hunt for two hunters.

If you have budget limits, strongly suggest looking at New Foundland. It will be much less money and still great odds for nice moose.

JL

Middle of the road for cost and size, hard to beat New Foundland with those two qualifiers... Plenty of moose as well.

yukon254

FNG
I agree with GotDraw, Ceaser Lake is a first class outfit. I've been guiding for them full time since 94. Gotdraw what camp were you in, and who was your guide??

GotDraw?

WKR
@yukon254 ,

We hunted upper TooBally Lake, rut 2017. stayed in Dave's cabins

Dave guided my buddy and Troy guided me

We both tagged out archery the morning of the 3rd day

Harveyb

FNG
If you’re not looking for a monster you might talk to Jim Lancaster at Copper River Outfitters. He does some affordable combo hunts out of the Smithers area (BC). Can combine a goat or bear on some of his hunts. He also does some real high end hunts in other areas. They did a great job for us in 2017.

Sonny's Guide Service out of Houston B.C. - He's been there on his concession for 27 years now, 7 cabin camps, 4 on fishable water too - Not "Yukon" moose but his hunters have killed many many really quality moose and the best part is Sonny Perkinson DOES IT RIGHT from start to finish - You would not be disappointed