Canon City Restaurant

Carr5vols

WKR
We are doing our layover night on the 24 hour drive in Canon City this year anyone got any recommendations on a restaurant or something to do that night. We would arrive around 7pm on a Thursday.

My family and I ate at a restaurant there in 2015. Not even sure if it's still open. I have tried to find it online and can't. It was on the south side of hwy 50, had a big parking lot. I remember it having a log cabin look inside, REALLY tall ceilings. Had several elk mounts up on the wall. With a few other species mixed in.

Sorry I can't remember/find the name of the place. I will do a little more looking

OK. I take that back. I was remembering a place from western Co. She said the place we ate in Canon City was "My Sisters Place". I don't remember it very well. She said it was good, not fancy. But a good meal.

Don't hate if you go and it's not good.

Might be slim pickings on a weeknight in a small town. I have a decent place a little outside of town (it’s been three years but still getting good reviews). Looks like someone else recommended it as I was typing. I’ll agree that the food is great and the atmosphere was bland but that’s not a bad thing.
My Sisters Place

Worlds End Brewing , Mose Public House and Bunk House Burgers are a few of my favorites. As far as things to do on a Thursday, you won't have much choice honestly.

If you just want dinner and not anything special then there is a Village Inn on the north side of Hwy 50 about half way through town, not bad but not great.

There a pretty good burger joint/bar downtown but I can not remember the name.

Canon city is about our biggest town outside of Denver, Co springs, GJ and the ski areas but it’s still small and many things haven’t got back to pre pandemic hours or options. You might find more if you can get in a few hours earlier.

We are doing our layover night on the 24 hour drive in Canon City this year anyone got any recommendations on a restaurant or something to do that night. We would arrive around 7pm on a Thursday.
Big Burger World is where I’d stop. Not sure it’s open after 7

Back