Celestron Rant

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
A few years ago I bought two sets of the Nature DX binoculars for my grandsons and they were rarely used until I took one of the boys hunting this fall. I looked through the binoculars and saw that they were completely out of collimation. I thought there was no problem because this was in the Amazon description;

• UNBEATABLE WARRANTY & CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Buy with confidence from Celestron, a leading optics brand in California since 1960. Purchasing from an Authorized Dealer on Amazon gives you a Celestron Limited Lifetime US Warranty & US-based expert tech support.

I sent them an email and they had me send them proof of purchase, and after a couple more emails and a few more weeks they told me that the limited warranty did NOT cover collimation. They were of course sorry about that, but be aware that their "limited" warranty will probably not cover any actual problem you may have.

Last edited:

Choupique

WKR
Aww man. I just bought some celestrons. Good thing I don't even know what collimation is, because I read in the reviews it was a problem with some of them.

OP
K

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I suspect that they have a lot of collimation issues so they decided not to cover them. Here's their response;

Thank you for contacting Celestron Tech Support, I would be more than happy to assist you.
My apologies, but your model has a limited life time warranty and this does not cover collimation, which is the issue you are currently having. However, this is an issue that we can repair as an estimate.