Cell cam attracting elk vs reg cam?

I bought my first cell cam this year. I went with a Tactacam Reveal X. I mounted the camera in the exact same tree that I have had my regular non cell cams the past 3 years. In those 3 years, I have never had an elk come up and mess with the camera. However this year, the bulls wont leave this camera alone. I have had different 4 bulls come and rake the camera over the past month. I cannot explain why they are so attracted to this camera and want to mess with it. Anyone have any ideas?

We will need GPS coordinates of the tree to better assist you.
And some pictures/video of the offending critters to substantiate the claims of vandalism in order to deal with them at a later date.

I would tend to doubt the fact that its cellular has anything to do with it, what kind of cameras were you running before and what type of flash did they have? Camera to camera model to model I see different reactions to different flashes, doesn't sound 100% like that's your issue but I believe the reveal X uses a standard IR flash and not a black flash which could contribute to being targeted after dark.

svivian

WKR
If you were to ask me I would say the first Bull just happened to like your tree that year and rubbed on it. Other bulls in the area noticed the smell and decided to rub on it too to get their scent on it as well. I wouldn't doubt during the rut if cow elk are around you see alot more action in that particular area.

I am Game Camera repairman. Send me the GPS coordinates and I will go make sure its working okay!! ;)

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Don't tell me, SHOW me!

There is definitely something whitetail can pick up on, a sound I'm guessing? As far as elk, I'd venture its prob the same.

Legend

WKR
I bet you had sweat on your hands the day you hung the camera. I have had them eat the nylon strap off the camera just to get the little salt from human sweat.